Calcium Hardness Plus - Best price you've found?

50lb from Home Depot for $21. Might need to special order it, as I doubt they have ice melt in stock in California, but you never know.

Check for similar products from other hardware stores or available online. Ice Melt, Calcium Chlorine, look for 100% pure.

You can usually find the percent on the SDS for the chemical. Just search on the name with “SDS” at the end and you should find it.

So I found this at Home Depot : Its say it's "Enhanced with CMA (calcium magnesium acetate), an environmentally benign deicing agent, MELT EB ice melter delivers fast and effective results without damaging metal surfaces" ... The 50 lb bag is only $27

On the oher hand, this is $44 for 50 lbs (94% pure?) >

So I guess my question is whether that CMA additive is a bad thing, I do note the granules are GREEN in the CMA enhanced one. Maybe why it's that color?

The Snow Joe looks pretty clear to me.

1654873384661.png

I doubt the Magnesium is anything to worry about. Looks like 94% minimum Calcium Chloride with standard sodium chloride salt making up most of the rest. I'll let others chime in to be sure but I'd probably use it in my pool.

CH = 140 ... this is a fibergalss (sprayed on) surface. The waterline Tiles are grouted, and in contact with the water. I'd like to bring CH up to around 250. Calcium in the fill water is very low .. (I haven't checked THAT in years. But my testing always indicates pool water is low in CH, thus my addition of CH Plus).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CH = 140 ... this is a fibergalss (sprayed on) surface. The waterline Tiles are grouted, and in contact with the water. I'd like to bring CH up to around 250. Calcium in the fill water is very low .. (I haven't checked THAT in years. But my testing always indicates pool water is low in CH, thus my addition of CH Plus).
Ok, - just making sure you weren't chasing some arbitrary number. Given you have tile w/grout at the waterline, getting CH up a bit is warranted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.