Cal Hypo questions

neato5oh

Apr 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I usually use LC but my CH is low so I bought some 1 lb bags of DRYTEC 68% cal hypo. Does anyone know how much CH one bag of this stuff will add to a 40K gallon pool? Also, I have some stains and am considering dumping some of this stuff directly onto the stains to see if that would remove them. Any risk of damage doing that? Thanks!

Use Effects of Adding Chemicals in PoolMath

Raise FC by 1.9 ppm, CH by 1.4 ppm, salt by 2 ppm.

Be very careful placing it on your pool surface. It can stain very rapidly.

Also be careful dumping to much directly on a vinyl liner and letting it sit there. Can and will cause wrinkles. Update: Never Mind - I see you have plaster.

As other's stated, given the potential of dosing problem, while it may seem a way to kill two birds, chlorinate and raise CH, in the end it's not a very convienent or economical way at all. One $10 bag of CH increaser from WalMart will do far more for the money. I've used up my bucket of cal-hypo is was talked into buying and cannot see any reason to ever purchase the stuff again. I would not let it sit on a pool surface to treat anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.