C-19 Vaccine-I got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm certain my hands have been the most germ free since I was born!
You ain’t kidding !! I wash when I immediately get home from grocery shopping, then unpack and wash again. Then 5 minutes later I wash again in case I forgot any of the other washes. :ROFLMAO:

I was in group 1A. I'm a hospital employee working with covid positive patients, often having to see them with their masks off. I'm so relieved to have gotten the vaccine. I know I could still be a carrier, and could still catch it, but I'm grateful the odds are low!
If you are vaccinated and get the virus does it reduce the likely severity of it? I'd heard that somewhere and wasn't sure if it was really a thing or if I was just confused.

Australia doesn't have a lot of cases (fingers crossed it stays that way) so I don't think we'll see a really big mass vaccine rollout here anytime soon (probably late in the year maybe?). Targeted high risk people only for the first few shipments I'd imagine. My wife works with nurses (in a Uni, so not near patients) and all the nurses are beside themselves waiting on info to see if they'll get any of the first rollout of shots in late Feb/March. Can't imagine the stress of working somewhere high risk like that!

If you are vaccinated and get the virus does it reduce the likely severity of it? I'd heard that somewhere and wasn't sure if it was really a thing or if I was just confused.
That’s usually the case for the other flu vaccines. People still get sick and the Drs say it would have been much worse otherwise. Time will tell I guess if it applies here too.

Reactions: Heavenlytunes

Australia doesn't have a lot of cases (fingers crossed it stays that way) so I don't think we'll see a really big mass vaccine rollout here anytime soon (probably late in the year maybe?). Targeted high risk people only for the first few shipments I'd imagine. My wife works with nurses (in a Uni, so not near patients) and all the nurses are beside themselves waiting on info to see if they'll get any of the first rollout of shots in late Feb/March. Can't imagine the stress of working somewhere high risk like that!

Like Newdude said, that's what I was told when I got the vaccine. They don't know for sure but if you have gotten the vaccine, you could potentially still be a carrier if you're exposed to covid at a later time. You would hopefully be asymptomatic but if you did have symptoms, they'd likely be mild. I know of two people, indirectly, who got the first dose then got a positive covid test before getting the second dose. It was suspected the people were exposed to the virus before the vaccine based on tracing and their timelines. Granted, it takes about 10 days after the first dose to have about 54% 'protection'. The big question is will the two doses of the vaccine protect us for just a year versus many

Reactions: Mdragger88
I had the Moderna Vaccine last September.

1st injection: A little arm soreness (like any injection), some muscle/joint aches. All of that gone in a day. Some fatigue for about 3-4 days. Nothing prevented me from going to work or getting anything done.
2nd injection: 4 weeks after first injection was given second. 3 hours after the injection, I developed a headache. It was a medium strength headache but it could be knocked down with 2 aspirin. Headache lasted about 3 days and again, just needed some aspirin. Some fatigue as well. But that was about it.

Reactions: Mdragger88 and B.lu
Its great to hear people are getting it. I have a few friends that are Dr.s and they got it. My in-laws have appointments. I feel great for them, and a little jealous at the same time. I just want it sooooo bad. But I will patiently wait my turn. Hopefully not too long.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@chiefwej WHEN you get the shot please tell us how they handle the 15 min safety observation with the drive through vaccine.
As each car was given the vaccine, the time of administration was written on the outside corner of the car’s windshield. You were then held in the parking lot for the 15 min minimum, with instructions to turn on flashers and blow your horn if you felt any adverse effect. After the 15 min. they wiped the writing off the windshield and released you. All very organized and efficient.

I got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine Friday. Minimal arm soreness, mild ache in middle two fingers of my left arm. I'm a health care professional working in public schools with an underlying condition so I was able to get my vaccine through work. They did a drive through vaccine hub. It was very well organized and took a total of 30 minutes including the wait to see if I sprouted a third eye! They didn't write anything on my car but they did direct me where to park and wait and to honk if I needed assistance. Shot did not hurt at all and I'm a big coward when it comes to shots.

@kimkats Congratulations! I am so jealous! I am diabetic (Juvenile), with asthma, and hypertension..so really high risk. Hopefully they do open up to the high risk soon as had to send 1 of my teens to school, virtual was hard for her.
I place clinical research people who work on clinical trials. Several of my candidates said they feel safe taking the vaccine. These are people who look at clinical trial data all the time so I trust them. Regardless the choice is easy for me, but sharing for others.

Reactions: Mdragger88
@kimkats Congratulations! I am so jealous! I am diabetic (Juvenile), with asthma, and hypertension..so really high risk. Hopefully they do open up to the high risk soon as had to send 1 of my teens to school, virtual was hard for her.
I place clinical research people who work on clinical trials. Several of my candidates said they feel safe taking the vaccine. These are people who look at clinical trial data all the time so I trust them. Regardless the choice is easy for me, but sharing for others.
In Texas, you would already be stuck

Reactions: ckinchen
I don't mean to rile anyone up by this, but I'm happy to wait on the vaccine for myself and let those who want or need it get it first. I've been at work non stop through this whole thing, so there's a chance I've been exposed at some point but have been blessed with good health. Thank you to everyone who is sharing their experiences with getting the vaccine, it's a good thing for people to hear some positive reports from a closer community to contrast the headlines of the few who had adverse reactions.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife got her first one a few weeks ago without any symptoms. 2nd is scheduled for the 21st. (Moderna)
She's been dealing with Covid patients since last March. Just last week she worked 2 in the row with 10 patients each night.
From the Holidays the surge has been about 10 to 15 each week.

• Wow
Reactions: ckinchen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.