Mansfield, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
Our Circupool Edge-25 is now reading Check Cell and not putting out any chlorine. We descaled the plates today - no minerals remain from what we can tell (there really was not much in the first place).

It’s incredibly hard to keep it from leaking. My wife wants to trash it. We spend far more time messing with it than just putting chlorine in.

Has anyone rigged up a bypass?

Our Circupool Edge-25 is now reading Check Cell and not putting out any chlorine. We descaled the plates today - no minerals remain from what we can tell (there really was not much in the first place).

It’s incredibly hard to keep it from leaking. My wife wants to trash it. We spend far more time messing with it than just putting chlorine in.

Has anyone rigged up a bypass?
Why not just replace it? They make bypass adapters for running the pool in the winter when the cell doesn’t produce anyway when the water is 55F or below.

Why not just replace it? They make bypass adapters for running the pool in the winter when the cell doesn’t produce anyway when the water is 55F or below.
I was under the impression that a different SWCG would not be the exact size, and would require replumbing.

If you mean another Edge-25 cell - that’s not going to fix the leak problems (others here have the same issue).

I’ll take a look at the bypass adapter, thanks.

I was under the impression that a different SWCG would not be the exact size, and would require replumbing.

If you mean another Edge-25 cell - that’s not going to fix the leak problems (others here have the same issue).

I’ll take a look at the bypass adapter, thanks.
I did mean another edge25, is the cell leaking or something else? I haven’t heard of a leaking problem. If it’s leaking something is wrong.

In your shoes, I'd switch to start over.

I haven’t heard of a leaking problem
it bothers at least 3 folks.

Reactions: Rodex

Interesting. I’d assume the bypass adapter has the same style threads so that wouldn’t likely help. The threads on the RJ models are much more course so maybe more adept at not skipping.

Reactions: Newdude

Switch to what? I would like to explore alternatives to Circupool considering they would not cover this leaking or all the issues I had with the controller under warranty.

Switch to what?
With a 11k gallon pool, you can go with any manufacturer's large cells. I'd probably go 4X (40k / close enough) in a warm climate myself. I'd also only buy the flagship models of any brand and not the budget models. Your own Circupool makes many models for example.

With a 11k gallon pool, you can go with any manufacturer's large cells. I'd probably go 4X (40k / close enough) in a warm climate myself. I'd also only buy the flagship models of any brand and not the budget models. Your own Circupool makes many models for example.
Is the Edge-25 a budget model?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is the Edge-25 a budget model?
I don't know but we don't see alot of them these days. The RJ series is more common. But for the other brands, the Jandy Truclear and the Pentair IC15/ IC30 are budget models to avoid

I'd go with

Circupool RJ 45
Pentair IC40
Hayward Aquarite T15
Jandy Aquapure 1400

Probably in that order.

Reactions: Rodex
If you are pointing to the hose clamp fix, that only works for so long. I believe the OP also noted he ended up having to cut a section out of the coupler and reattach the hose clamp.
He didn't cut out a section of the coupler, what he did was cut through the coupler on one place so that the thickness of the cutting saw is the material that is now missing therefore when you apply the hose clamp it closes the cut gap to the point that the coupler is smaller by that amount thereby being tighter on the cell threads.

He didn't cut out a section of the coupler, what he did was cut through the coupler on one place so that the thickness of the cutting saw is the material that is now missing therefore when you apply the hose clamp it closes the cut gap to the point that the coupler is smaller by that amount thereby being tighter on the cell threads.
That seems like splitting hairs, unless I’m missing something?

It's not splitting hairs it's splitting the coupler. Not much is needed when the coupler/collar nut jumps back when tightening it up. The slightly small diameter makes it work.
“Cutting a section out” can be achieved by removing material in that way. So, what am I missing?

“Cutting a section out” can be achieved by removing material in that way. So, what am I missing?
If you cut through the collar nut in one spot then use a hose clamp around the outside of the nut the end result will be a slightly snugger locking collar that hopefully will stop the leaking issue. I can't explain this any better. Look at the link from earlier in the thread with attached pictures.

If you cut through the collar nut in one spot then use a hose clamp around the outside of the nut the end result will be a slightly snugger locking collar that hopefully will stop the leaking issue. I can't explain this any better. Look at the link from earlier in the thread with attached pictures.
Yes, I understand all that. It's still "cutting a section out" because the diameter is now reduced.

Yes, I understand all that. It's still "cutting a section out" because the diameter is now reduced.
But the union retains some of its strength because it has only one piece missing like a 'C'. The open part of the C clamps nicely. With 2 cuts and 2 pieces ' ( ) ' it's trickier to get them lined up just so.

And you've removed 2 blade thicknesses which may have made the union too small.

But the union retains some of its strength because it has only one piece missing like a 'C'. The open part of the C clamps nicely. With 2 cuts and 2 pieces ' ( ) ' it's trickier to get them lined up just so.

And you've removed 2 blade thicknesses which may have made the union too small.
Who said making two cuts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.