Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hi. Currently I have a bypass set up so that I can skip the heat pump until the water is clean and chemistry where it needs to be. Some are telling me that I should take the bypass out to get a better flow rate and that overall it's just not needed ... overkill. Wondering what others think. I have to admit that I originally put it in in case I had an issue with the heat pump. But never did. LOL So now I need to make changes to the overall piping anyways, so now would be the time to change it if anyone thinks I should remove that bypass system. Gain any flow rate without it?

Thanks
Rich

Attachments

• IMG_5061.jpg
    IMG_5061.jpg
    762.5 KB · Views: 13
Some are telling me that I should take the bypass out to get a better flow rate

Having the bypass with the valves open has no impact on your flow rate. Some don't know anything about fluid hydraulics.

and that overall it's just not needed ... overkill.

Well it is not needed until you need it. Then you are happy you have it.

Wondering what others think. I have to admit that I originally put it in in case I had an issue with the heat pump. But never did. LOL

That is good and eventually your heater will have a problem.

So now I need to make changes to the overall piping anyways, so now would be the time to change it if anyone thinks I should remove that bypass system. Gain any flow rate without it?

You will not gain any flow rate without it.

You will gain flow rate with your heater bypassed.

I would get rid of the 3 valve setup which gives the opportunities to dead head your system and damage it if the valves are misset and do a setup with a 3-way diverter on the heater input nd a check valve on the heater output.

Read Heater Bypass - Further Reading

When using the heater, the 2 inline valves are open and obviously the middle one is closed. Still no impact on flow rate ? Lol. Just want to be sure. Probably minimal if there is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.