Buying pebble tec samples online?

Rag,

The samples may work for color, but I found they are useless for texture. You really need to "put your feet" in the real thing to make sure you understand what the finished feels like.

Your pool builder should be able to arrange a tour at some of the pools he has already finished.

The samples that were given to me felt pretty smooth, but the actual texture in the pool is more like sandpaper.

Thanks,

Jim R.

This is a good point. I found that the samples of pebblesheen feel smoother than pebbletec (which has larger pebbles) but in a pool, the pebbletec feels less abrasive.

We opted for pebbletec sight unseen at the time we ordered and fortunately are happy with it. I think it feels smooth to the hand or foot but you wouldn't want to scrape a wet knee or elbow against it. That said, I find pools with older plaster (in need of refinishing) to be much more abrasive than any pebbletec product.

Rag,

The samples may work for color, but I found they are useless for texture. You really need to "put your feet" in the real thing to make sure you understand what the finished feels like.

Your pool builder should be able to arrange a tour at some of the pools he has already finished.

The samples that were given to me felt pretty smooth, but the actual texture in the pool is more like sandpaper.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.