Buying new steel sided pool

Hi everyone.

Before we got our first intex 8 years ago, this forum helped me tremendously. Now I am back asking for help and insight again.

I am about to buy a steel sided pool for the first time. We had planned on replacing our rusted out bestways 9 x 18 this year with another intex. However, as I'm sure you all know they are nearly impossible to buy right now.

The new plan is to get a 12' x 24' Oval 52" Calibay Coastline by H.I.I. MFG of Doughboy from Royal Swimming Pools.
Before I make this big investment, could you all let me know your thoughts on this pool and the overall package?

The pool frame, the filter ( Pentair Sand Dollar SD60 22" Sand Filter with 1-1/2hp Dynamo Pump), an overlap liner, and a skimmer is
$2,109 before tax and shipping.

Any thought on the pool, the retailer, and the price would be appreciated!

I looked at Pool Warehouse and this is their comparable.

12′ x 24′ Oval 52″ Deep Mt. Loch with liner, 22" waterways sand filter with 2 speed 1hp pump, solar cover, skimmer, and shipping for $2,385.

I know nothing about this pool. Looking at it, the big differences between this Mt. Loch pool and the Calibay Coastline is the Mt. Loch looks like is has larger buttresses and resin connectors? But the Calibay has staggered bolt wall closures and is made by the same manufacturer as dough boy?

If at all possible I would get a 2-speed pump, even if it is a larger one. You don't say if the first pump is 2-speed so it may be. If it is then that would be fine as you can run it on low speed >90% of the time. That filter will be fine, I'd personally opt for a cartridge filter about 200 sqft or larger.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.