Buying first pool. have some questions on quality

valerie_7

Jul 21, 2019
NY
I am looking to buy a 20 x 48 sizes pool. I'd like for it to last at least a few summers. I was looking at a Bestway pool but some reviews mentioned the filter hose size was an issue and rusting as well. The 2 bestway models i saw were 56388E and 90377E. Im honestly not sure the difference between those two models but they were about each about $550. I then found one from Intex model 26333EH. Intex claims its rust proof. Would this pool be better for than the Bestway pools I mentioned? its about a $250 difference. Listed at $800. Are there any other ones anyone would recommend or is that Intex pool worth it to last more then the Bestway pools? Thanks in advance.

I came here 4 years ago with a build question. I quickly realized it was about the water, though all my build questions were answered perfectly.

Your question will be answered but while you’re here get prepared for taking care of your water. You will be very happy and your wallet even more so.

I came here 4 years ago with a build question. I quickly realized it was about the water, though all my build questions were answered perfectly.

Your question will be answered but while you’re here get prepared for taking care of your water. You will be very happy and your wallet even more so.

I will definitely be researching all I can about caring for the water. We had a tiny poll last summer for a small child and learned quickly it needs maintenance to keep healthy and clean for kids.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!! getting a pool is exciting, but selecting the right one for you can be a daunting task.

Regardless of the brand of pool, if it has metal, it can and will rust eventually. The Bestway, Coleman and Intex are very similar pools.
It looks like the 56388E is Bestway branded and 90377E is Coleman (by Bestway) branded. 26333EH is Intex. The pumps and filters are basically the same, so don't let any marketing info sway you. Check if one is sand vs cartridge filters.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!! getting a pool is exciting, but selecting the right one for you can be a daunting task.

Regardless of the brand of pool, if it has metal, it can and will rust eventually. The Bestway, Coleman and Intex are very similar pools.
It looks like the 56388E is Bestway branded and 90377E is Coleman (by Bestway) branded. 26333EH is Intex. The pumps and filters are basically the same, so don't let any marketing info sway you. Check if one is sand vs cartridge filters.

So would either of those Bestway models would be fine over the Intex? Does pretty much everything end up being very similar including warranty? anyway to also delay rusting?

Also noticed the Bestway pools I listed are cartridge filters and Intex is sand

All 3 of those brands are similar, so if you like the Bestway, go for it. You can check on the warranty length, but also look at any exclusions and prorated clauses.
The best way to delay rust is to keep the water within the proper pH. The most common place for it to rust is at the top t-joints or end of the horizontal supports at the joints. Some of these liners have pockets that can collect water and hold it there. It's not brand specific, just the nature of these types of pools. Keeping it up full time does make the liner last longer.

All 3 of those brands are similar, so if you like the Bestway, go for it. You can check on the warranty length, but also look at any exclusions and prorated clauses.
The best way to delay rust is to keep the water within the proper pH. The most common place for it to rust is at the top t-joints or end of the horizontal supports at the joints. Some of these liners have pockets that can collect water and hold it there. It's not brand specific, just the nature of these types of pools. Keeping it up full time does make the liner last longer.

ok thank you. i will make sure to keep maintenance up on the pool to last as long as possible. as far as warranty goes I saw Bestways extended warranty covers the liner for 6 months and filter for 18 months. Intex is showing 2 years on liner, filter, and frame. as for filter types is sand or cartridge better and anyway to possibly upgrade the filter? i was reading that a DE filter is most preferred as filter type.

"better" is subjective. Each filter type has its pros & cons. For the Intex type pumps, the cartridge is standard, and sand is the upgrade. Sand is easier to clean and will allow to go longer between cleanings. Cartridge filters need to be removed and washed out or replaced. You should be able to find upgraded filter & pumps online at most places that sell these pools. I don't believe that Intex or Bestway makes a DE filter.
Some members have gone far enough to install a full skimmer and larger pump & filter. Let us know if this was your intention and we can offer some more advice on this.

"better" is subjective. Each filter type has its pros & cons. For the Intex type pumps, the cartridge is standard, and sand is the upgrade. Sand is easier to clean and will allow to go longer between cleanings. Cartridge filters need to be removed and washed out or replaced. You should be able to find upgraded filter & pumps online at most places that sell these pools. I don't believe that Intex or Bestway makes a DE filter.
Some members have gone far enough to install a full skimmer and larger pump & filter. Let us know if this was your intention and we can offer some more advice on this.

Yes upgrading pump and filter was exactly what I was also looking to do as well. From some research I found a Hayward DE filter (EC40AC) but would probably need to also find a new pump because it seems the stock Intex pump is rated at 0.3HP. Also found others who added a skimmer and even went full PVC for their setup. As for the pool I am leaning towards the Intex only because of the warranty compared to the Bestway models. The $250 price difference is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.