Buying a used robotic cleaner?

tabitha_599

Jun 18, 2019
Tennessee
Someone in my local area has a Dolphin Premier with a caddy listed for $200. Is this something that I should avoid completely or worth checking into? If I should check into it what things should I ask/look for? Savings is significant over a new one so I figured it's worth getting some input from the professionals here.

I'm certainly not a professional, but I'm failing to see many reasons a person would want to sell a robot that was in good working condition that cleaned their pool well. Unless they have a good story like its from a pool they are taking down/filling in, I think I would pass.

Reactions: tabitha_599
Tabitha,

I bought a Premier about 6 years ago and just recently replaced it with an S200. I moved the Premier to a rent house and it is still working just fine.

Robots either work or they don't... Either the seller is willing to demonstrate it in his pool or not.. I would not buy it unless you can see it working. Often people that sell robots say that they moved and no longer have a pool.. ???

Premier robots have foam climbing rings that unless replaced will not last five years, so that would be one thing to check.. Not really a problem with gunite pools, but I would suspect they would be needed for a fiberglass pool. So you might factor that into your offer price.

All that said, the Premier is old and has a bottom basket... I like my $700 S200 much better...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: tabitha_599
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.