Busted Ball Valve

It means to make some more space in between the pvc pipes by using elbow or 45º to make room for the new jandy valves. Personally i dont think you need it, but order them and measure if they fit with the space you have now.

I have a question. Do you have a spa? Where does the 3 return pipes go to?

Last edited:
Reactions: wireform
It means to make some more space in between the pvc pipes by using elbow or 45º to make room for the new jandy valves. Personally i dont think you need it, but order them and measure if they fit with the space you have now.

I have a question. Do you have a spa? Where does the 3 return pipes go to?

I was thinking this exact same thing and realized that valve is accessing plumbing that was put in for a water slide at some point in the future. So, embarrassingly enough, I could technically cut that valve out and cap it off until I decide to get a slide.

I did order the stuff though along with a new filter valve as well. The plumbing all looks like it is screwed on, so it should be reusable if I can get past whatever was used as thread sealer.

DA84E727-74F4-4D55-B182-A05F5BC12B13.jpeg
A5BD3D5C-212E-4C2F-9B9D-9A905C03003C.jpeg

I recently had the same problem with the identical setup as you. I just cut the whole thing out as high as I could from the ground piping and rebuilt it all the way to the pump (cell in your case). The valves and fittings should be less than $50. I used these:

Those valves don't last and break at the worst time. Once he's at it spend for the gold standard or don't do it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.