Burnt cord on TCell 15? Warranty Denied

Why do you have a generic board? If the original went bad, wouldn't it be covered under warranty?

The burned cord might be due to the generic board.

If the plug is not lining up correctly, it might be because the board is not sitting flush with the bottom of the box metal floor. When inserting the plug the top notch in the strain relief glides in the metal floor of the box.

If the instant salt is zero, it's probably not making chlorine.

I'll bet if they had known that the PC board you were using was made by somebody other than the original, they would never have replaced that cell under warranty. You made out on them big time.

The PCB generic seems to have worked exactly the same as the OEM for a loong time, I repaired the OEM PCB a couple times, but I think I finally just replaced with a generic after some of the larger resistors started failing. I may just go back to the more expensive OEM to avoid compatibility (and warranty) issues.

Salt reading keeps falling back to zero, even with a firm connection between tcell and PCB. sigh.

its starts out OK, but then falls to 0, the salt level is too high (3800+), but I'm going to be renovating the whole pool next month, so I'm not sure I want to drain/refill. About to in a contract, so I'll have scheduling better, and try to either dial in the water or drain it, but I'm trying to get my system stable for post-resurfacing. . .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.