Bullfrog A7L (2015) pump replacement

ItsUncleBob

Aug 22, 2020
Buffalo NY
Hello,

I have 2015 Bullfrog A7L

looking to replace my pumps as they are getting old, I will rebuild and keep them as backup.

Currently I have

2”x2” Gecko XP2, 56 Frame - labeled 2.5 HP, 2 speed

Pump 1: 11.4/3.6 AMP and Pump 2: 12/4.4 AMP

what is weird, that I keep finding similar pumps AMP wise, but they all say that they are 4HP and not 2.5HP

is it okay to replace the 11.4/3.6 AMP with second 12/4.4 AMP that says 4HP instead of 2.5 ?, or the 4HP will damage my plumbing.

LX 56WUA400-II

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1689.jpeg
    IMG_1689.jpeg
    542.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1686.jpeg
    IMG_1686.jpeg
    675.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1687.jpeg
    IMG_1687.jpeg
    593.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1688.jpeg
    IMG_1688.jpeg
    433.8 KB · Views: 3
It's just the amp draw of the motor. It won't have any impact on your plumbing in the way you're concerned.

You can replace those with the same HP by sticking with Aquaflo. Gecko Aqua-Flo XP2E 2 HP Pump 2 Speed 56 Frame

Or you can save money and use the LX pump you referenced. We've used these and they work fine.

Purchase the 1/4" barbs for the wet end bleeders also. They tend to be very brittle and unlikely to be transferable. Your new pump won't come with them. (#92290101/92290040)

Reactions: ItsUncleBob
It's just the amp draw of the motor. It won't have any impact on your plumbing in the way you're concerned.

You can replace those with the same HP by sticking with Aquaflo. Gecko Aqua-Flo XP2E 2 HP Pump 2 Speed 56 Frame

Or you can save money and use the LX pump you referenced. We've used these and they work fine.

Purchase the 1/4" barbs for the wet end bleeders also. They tend to be very brittle and unlikely to be transferable. Your new pump won't come with them. (#92290101/92290040)

Thank you so the 4HP wet end on LX pump is acceptable ?, I don’t have dots on my old impeller so no clue what HP impellers are OEM pump.

Thank you for the tip about nipples!
Any idea what gasket goes on the Balboa heater and what orings I need for Unions to the pump !

I been googling this but there are so many options

Thank you

Thank you so the 4HP wet end on LX pump is acceptable ?, I don’t have dots on my old impeller so no clue what HP impellers are OEM pump.

Thank you for the tip about nipples!
Any idea what gasket goes on the Balboa heater and what orings I need for Unions to the pump !

I been googling this but there are so many options

Thank you
The wet end is the 56 frame. They are all the same. You can rotate the inlet/outlet orientation if you need to with the long bolts on the motor.

The pump you referenced and the one I linked are a full replacement. All you'll remove is the high voltage wiring and the union collars.

You can find new pumps that come with unions, and subsequently new orings. Then you can toss the female slip since your system already has one welded on. I'm fairly confident the LX you referenced comes with them; this should be confirmed by photos and listing data.

Why do you need gaskets for the heater tube?

Reactions: ItsUncleBob
The wet end is the 56 frame. They are all the same. You can rotate the inlet/outlet orientation if you need to with the long bolts on the motor.

The pump you referenced and the one I linked are a full replacement. All you'll remove is the high voltage wiring and the union collars.

You can find new pumps that come with unions, and subsequently new orings. Then you can toss the female slip since your system already has one welded on. I'm fairly confident the LX you referenced comes with them; this should be confirmed by photos and listing data.

Why do you need gaskets for the heater tube?
Hi, I had removed the union between heater and the pump :) thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.