Bull Frog R7L - floor model - now on premise, need advice!

livinwell

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Apache Junction, AZ
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Wondering if anyone has opinion about 2019 R7L floor model knowing it could have been on the floor all year. Price is under 8K. Yay/Nay?

Last edited:
lw,

I know nothing about the Bull Frog line of Spas, but I would not let the fact that it has been a demo stand in your way... Whether new or used, it will need to be flushed with Ahh-some before you actually use it..

What is the original price.. Plus, spas are sold on the "how much does it look like the customer can pay" basis.. Offer them $6K and see what they say.. :mrgreen:

Let's see if some of our Bull Frog owning members have any inputs..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
I bought an r7 from Costco for 8500 with the extended warranty and return policy. Paid about 500 for the extra warranty. 5 days in and I have my water mostly in line. I did remove the motor shipping bolts as mentioned here. Setup was easy (I was well prepared) and tub is exactly as my research imagined. This site has helped by 1000% at least. So much good knowledge here. Added borates tonight, water was MUCH better on my skin! Probably go swcg in a week or two. Better than buying a vehicle!

Be happy to share info as it develops for sure, just ask...

Reactions: livinwell
I could be wrong but i thought most hot tubs sold were floor models. We went to several places when we were buying my tub. Each place was selling the actual tubs they had in the showroom. Im sure we could have custom ordered something else, but we chose one that we could see in person and not just a picture.

I could be wrong but i thought most hot tubs sold were floor models. We went to several places when we were buying my tub. Each place was selling the actual tubs they had in the showroom. Im sure we could have custom ordered something else, but we chose one that we could see in person and not just a picture.

My experience was a little different. Most of the showrooms around here had the different models of whatever lines they carried, but they were floor models only. After deciding on our (Caldera) tub in the color scheme we wanted, it had to be shipped from the distributor. Took about 3 weeks to deliver and install after purchase.

My experience was a little different......Took about 3 weeks to deliver and install after purchase.
Good to know. I guess it really matters where you go as to how it is handled. Putting some more thought into it at the moment, costco like @mrwoo is different from the mom and pop stores i had locally, which is different from what you found. Yet anthor thing addd to the 100 ways to skin a cat list.

Reactions: livinwell and BMK
This site has helped by 1000% at least. So much good knowledge here. Added borates tonight, water was MUCH better on my skin! Probably go swcg in a week or two. Better than buying a vehicle!
Be happy to share info as it develops for sure, just ask...

Thank you, definitely interested in your swcg conversion.

For sure I will log it. My TA went from 60 to 70 ofter adding boric acid via gentle spa. I have been watching my CC go up to about .75 so I'm shocking now. From the user info here SWCG might be the best solution. I'll pass all my findings along. I've got a spreadsheet going.

We did it! Now we need help with start up.
I have my spa and tools. We’ve filled with water, primed the pumps and left it doing it’s thing overnight.

I think I perform Ahh-some Purging first? Possible multiple times depending on ooze and goop we see?

986026BF-03F3-4485-9CC4-9A3F6C21177E.jpegB57DE608-58D9-4B2A-B6BE-AB5DE30CD682.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice!
I did Ahh-some with some chlorine at first. No gunk came out of mine. I then drained and refilled and used dichlor then switched to bleach. Ultimately I switched to a salt water system. Now I've been battling 1.5-2 ppm CC and no matter how much I shock or SLAM it won't drop and I consume a lot of chlorine per day. In this thread I think is the solution
Questions in hindsight from a new owner
Sadly it sounds as if the filters are contaminated and I haven't found a definitive word if they can be saved. I ordered some new ones and will drain and purge according to this set of instructions
http://www.ahhsome.com/wp-content/u...-Eradicate-Calcium-Stearate-from-Plumbing.pdf
I can use my tub while I wait for the filters, I just have to add chlorine each day and run my swcg and I have to accept that my CC are going to be high until I can get rid of those stearates. I also used kosher salt, which I had read was ok to use but maybe it has caused my issues. Either way, going the extra mile of following that guide is only a little vinegar in cost and an overnight wait to see if the pH stays where it should be, so why not do it is my thought.

Good luck. I love my R7. Would buy one again without hesitation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.