Bulkhead leak by inlet to sand filter

Naftuliylk

In The Industry
Jul 2, 2023
Casa grande az
Hi all!

I'm a bit new to the pool world....

I have an enormous crack/leak by the bulkhead/o-ring going into the sand filter however I don't know what model number my sand filter is but I've been able to see the product number for the bulk head which is "de360fb." I've attached pics of the situation.

Question 1 - any1 know what the model number of my filter is? (it's a hayword filter know that much)

Question 2 - how do I go about the fix? Just replace the o-ring?20230709_182745.jpg20230709_183133.jpg

thanks to everyone who helps in advance!
20230709_161828.jpg20230709_182639.jpg20230709_183133.jpg20230709_182745.jpg20230709_161828.jpg

If you are hoping to simply resolve a small leak between the filter body and slide valve nut fitting, yes, there is an O-ring between the two. Below is an example illustration with parts breakdown. You could try to replace that O-ring. A couple other things to consider. If the slide valve is old, you might consider ordering an entire rebuild kit for it since the O-rings in the slide valve may also need to be replaced.

Another thought is changing from a slide valve to a multiport valve so that you'll have more options (recirculate, waste, etc). You have options. Hope that helps.

Also, I'm sending you a PM for a quick question.

Thank you so much for the advice.

It is quite hard to push down the drive pin in general this probably means it's could use replacement correct? Also do I have to detach both bulkheads in order to replace th o-ring or do you think I'll have enough space to fit oring in by just detaching the that needs fixing? How do I make sure no water/sand will leak out while I'm doing repair? Sorry I'm new to this....

Thank you so much for the advice.

It is quite hard to push down the drive pin in general this probably means it's could use replacement correct? Also do I have to detach both bulkheads in order to replace th o-ring or do you think I'll have enough space to fit oring in by just detaching the that needs fixing? How do I make sure no water/sand will leak out while I'm doing repair? Sorry I'm new to this....
The o rings you need to replace are inside the filter. That will mean removing the sand.You should fix both fittings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.