Bill1974

Jun 18, 2014
Hauppauge, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am wondering if anyone has found a source of bulk chlorine (sodium hypochlorite) that is equal to or better in price that BJ's of $14 per 4 gallon case?

Is there any suppliers willing to sell by the pallet? I would be willing to share with out BBB/TFP users. If possible have a shipment every month or so.

Any ideas on how to convince one of the few local bulk suppliers to deal with average joe home owner?

Have you called around to the local pool stores to check them out for liquid chlorine?

How about local janitorial supply houses?

Don't forget that you need to store chlorine in a cool space to maintain its potency. You shouldn't buy more than a months worth of recently manufactured liquid chlorine.

Good luck!

Yippee :flower:

From what I have found over the past couple of years is either BJ's or walmart are the most cost effective but not the most reliable in available stock. I would really prefer to not have to lug so many bottle around. Ideally I would like to buy it in 5 gallon jugs 3 or 4 at a time (basically a month plus worth of chlorine).

I have tried calling a couple of bulk chemical distributors but none want to sell me a barrels worth (not sure how I would move a 55 drum of it either) or deal with average Joe home owner.

I would consider buying a pallets worth or a drum from a mfg if I could split it with some local people and get a delivery every month or so.

If anyone is interested in this let me know, I am in Hauppauge.

Try Ocean State Job Lot. It is not bulk but they sell gallon jugs of 12.5 for $2.99 for the last four years (haven't seen the price for this year yet). It always fresh.

There's a place in Farmingdale on Conklin St, one block west of Marjam (Twin County Pools) that sells 5 gallon carboys of 12.5% chlorine. It's $40 for the first time, then $22 (tax included) for refills. Also, as mentioned above, Ocean State on Deer Park Ave in North Babylon sells the 12% by case (4 gallon) for $12 + tax. It's a good deal, but not sure how old the jugs are. It's those two or Island Recreation, they have e-mail coupons for .99 cents for 6%. I usually go with them because a case of 6% for $4 is the best value I've found over the last 5 years.

What I seemed to have found out is that most manufacturers sell in the full truckload when it's gallons in a case on a pallet. Which would explain why some places don't always have fresh stock on hand.

BJ's ($14/4 gal) or ocean State ($12/4 gal) seem like the best deal. The 5 gallon carboys are a little more but good to know it's available.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.