Built a Bridge over Waterfall...not sure if I like it.

meatloaf said:
Here's a quick photoshop, larger rocks might make it look better. I do like your idea though. :goodjob:

Thanks for the photoshop, if it doesnt take too long could you do the same with this rock, it's the one i really want if i go that router:

file.php

I guess I never really got the background on why you are installing a walkway. I gather you have use this frequently to maintain your pool or something along those lines. Is this a walkway that is going to be used infrequently and just by yourself, or will it receive frequent traffic?

The upgrade was a definate improvement but I would still vote for putting one large stone about where your landscape lights are on each end and then one large stone right in the middle where the planting are. Then there would be no need to do the stone veneer thing. Would that give you enough room to negotiate that area? You have a wonderful looking waterfall feature and keeping in looking very natural would be my vote. I would be trying to achieve a walkway that noone could even tell was a walkway, if you follow me.

Just my .02

Riles

Riles_J said:
I guess I never really got the background on why you are installing a walkway. I gather you have use this frequently to maintain your pool or something along those lines. Is this a walkway that is going to be used infrequently and just by yourself, or will it receive frequent traffic?

The upgrade was a definate improvement but I would still vote for putting one large stone about where your landscape lights are on each end and then one large stone right in the middle where the planting are. Then there would be no need to do the stone veneer thing. Would that give you enough room to negotiate that area? You have a wonderful looking waterfall feature and keeping in looking very natural would be my vote. I would be trying to achieve a walkway that noone could even tell was a walkway, if you follow me.

Just my .02

Riles

That is a good idea that I havent thought about, i'll have to check it out tonight to see if it's feasible. As for the reasoning behind the bridge there are actually a few reasons:

1.) To get over to the bar from the patio area w/o having to go "the long way"...haha.
2.) Was hoping it would actually look better than without the bridge...hasn't really met expectations.
3.) For use as a larger area for the kids to jump off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hint taken :lol: This should give you an idea what it would look like stained grey. Though I have to admit, I prefer the stone look. Would you have to go with full stones, or maybe you could use a stone veneer over the wood?

Attachments

• woodbridge.jpg
    woodbridge.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 77
TxSkye said:
Hint taken :lol: This should give you an idea what it would look like stained grey. Though I have to admit, I prefer the stone look. Would you have to go with full stones, or maybe you could use a stone veneer over the wood?

Thanks!...actually that is stone veneer, well they call it "manufactured" stone, i think it's just formed concrete to look like stone and it's not full size, just a couple inches deep...but it's not cheap.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.