Built a Bridge over Waterfall...not sure if I like it.

meatloaf

Well-known member
Feb 10, 2008
373
Gilbert AZ
Here's a quick photoshop, larger rocks might make it look better. I do like your idea though. :goodjob:
 

Attachments

  • waterfall2.jpg
    waterfall2.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 358

adam_

Active member
Jun 7, 2008
27
NJ Shore
meatloaf said:
Here's a quick photoshop, larger rocks might make it look better. I do like your idea though. :goodjob:

Thanks for the photoshop, if it doesnt take too long could you do the same with this rock, it's the one i really want if i go that router:

file.php
 

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
My wife was looking over my shoulder without reading the context and asked, "Why did they do that?"

I agree - much better without the bridge. The only thing that counts is whether or not you like it.
 

Riles_J

Well-known member
May 8, 2007
218
Nashville, TN
I guess I never really got the background on why you are installing a walkway. I gather you have use this frequently to maintain your pool or something along those lines. Is this a walkway that is going to be used infrequently and just by yourself, or will it receive frequent traffic?

The upgrade was a definate improvement but I would still vote for putting one large stone about where your landscape lights are on each end and then one large stone right in the middle where the planting are. Then there would be no need to do the stone veneer thing. Would that give you enough room to negotiate that area? You have a wonderful looking waterfall feature and keeping in looking very natural would be my vote. I would be trying to achieve a walkway that noone could even tell was a walkway, if you follow me.

Just my .02

Riles
 

adam_

Active member
Jun 7, 2008
27
NJ Shore
Riles_J said:
I guess I never really got the background on why you are installing a walkway. I gather you have use this frequently to maintain your pool or something along those lines. Is this a walkway that is going to be used infrequently and just by yourself, or will it receive frequent traffic?

The upgrade was a definate improvement but I would still vote for putting one large stone about where your landscape lights are on each end and then one large stone right in the middle where the planting are. Then there would be no need to do the stone veneer thing. Would that give you enough room to negotiate that area? You have a wonderful looking waterfall feature and keeping in looking very natural would be my vote. I would be trying to achieve a walkway that noone could even tell was a walkway, if you follow me.

Just my .02

Riles

That is a good idea that I havent thought about, i'll have to check it out tonight to see if it's feasible. As for the reasoning behind the bridge there are actually a few reasons:

1.) To get over to the bar from the patio area w/o having to go "the long way"...haha.
2.) Was hoping it would actually look better than without the bridge...hasn't really met expectations.
3.) For use as a larger area for the kids to jump off.
 

TxSkye

Member
Apr 23, 2008
11
Danbury, Texas
I copied a couple pics and started playing before I saw page 2 and meatloaf's photoshop redos. :roll: Here's what I came up with in Paintshop :wink:

stonebridge.jpg
 

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

austinsmom01

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
163
Georgia
TxSkye said:
I copied a couple pics and started playing before I saw page 2 and meatloaf's photoshop redos. :roll: Here's what I came up with in Paintshop :wink:

stonebridge.jpg

I LIKE THIS ALOT! Looks like it all fits together and not two different textures.
 

branchop

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2008
79
North Carolina
I think you might be able to have the same visual effect with a gray stain on the wood. Maybe somebody could work that out so we can see.... (hint, hint) :lol:
 

TxSkye

Member
Apr 23, 2008
11
Danbury, Texas
Hint taken :lol: This should give you an idea what it would look like stained grey. Though I have to admit, I prefer the stone look. Would you have to go with full stones, or maybe you could use a stone veneer over the wood?
 

Attachments

  • woodbridge.jpg
    woodbridge.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 77

adam_

Active member
Jun 7, 2008
27
NJ Shore
TxSkye said:
Hint taken :lol: This should give you an idea what it would look like stained grey. Though I have to admit, I prefer the stone look. Would you have to go with full stones, or maybe you could use a stone veneer over the wood?

Thanks!...actually that is stone veneer, well they call it "manufactured" stone, i think it's just formed concrete to look like stone and it's not full size, just a couple inches deep...but it's not cheap.
 

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.