Building an "ocean"...........aka 18' Round Doughboy Saratoga w/In-Wall Entry Steps

Thanks so much for the input -I will check the carvin starbright out. :) We are total newbies and in the beginning an 18' pool seemed HUGE to us but are realizing that is kinda small in the grand scheme of things. Haven't even got this one in and I am already having second thoughts about if we should have gone bigger?!? Hubster emphatically states it is plenty big!! :rolleyes:

I’ve had 2 12’ pools, a 24’ and my current 15’. So far, the 15 is my favorite. SUPER easy to maintain, clean, cover, uncover.

We had 6 of us in it a couple weekends ago, and yes it was crowded. But most the time it’s just 2-3 of us soaking. For exercise, I go to the local lap pool. Though that’s when one of the drawbacks of the TFP method becomes apparent.......non-TFP pools are gross.

Update on progress-pool is in! After consideration we decided not to use the main drain. Added wall foam, Armor Shield pad and Perfect Pool Bottom pad. Install seemed to go without any major catastrophes.......the neighbors on both sides came over to help do the liner and as we started filling both came back with their garden hoses in tow! We have the best.neighbors.ever! Only took about six hours to fill with all three water hoses going.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Chickinvic
And THEN we made a rookie mistake.......reused last years solar blanket without completely cleaning and realized (too late) that it had several rust stains on it from the storage rack ? So now the pool is really clear but very DARK..............yellow rust ring in the skimmer ..........filter looks like it is full of brown rust-you know, the trifecta of iron in the water. :cry: We are doing the paper towels in the skimmer trick and changing the filter daily and I've ordered skimmer socks. Any other thoughts or ideas? Am I missing anything? Estimates on how long this is gonna take to clear?

Update on progress-pool is in! After consideration we decided not to use the main drain. Added wall foam, Armor Shield pad and Perfect Pool Bottom pad. Install seemed to go without any major catastrophes.......the neighbors on both sides came over to help do the liner and as we started filling both came back with their garden hoses in tow! We have the best.neighbors.ever! Only took about six hours to fill with all three water hoses going.

Those are wonderful neighbours indeed. BBQ and pool party for the neighbours is in order!

Reactions: kd did
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.