Builder accidentally put tile on top of spillway

Tikigal

Jul 21, 2022
The villages Fl
The spillway called for granite on top and the tile people accidentally put the tile on top of the spillway for the spa I already have three waterfalls that are being tiled it doesn’t look bad it’s just that I’m having a tile question should I have granite on top or tile on top the spillway only works when I’m in the hot tub to come down over the sides into the pool during normal operations of the pool the spa is not going and the spillway will not be working what should I do I am paying for the granite I got the tile should I have them take the tile out and put the granite on top?
that is my question

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    618.5 KB · Views: 100
Well hello there! Nice looking pool you have there! I have to say I like how the spillway looks. They did a fine job making it all fit and doing the good cuts to make it look even.

What I do want to ask is if the granite was supposed to stick out so the water does more of a waterfall instead of sliding down the face of the spill over.

Have you talked to the PB yet? Is the granite piece there now?

Reactions: jgriffith3337
If you like the look of the tile you can keep it in place and request a refund of the granite price. If they refuse to take the granite cost off I would tell them to fix their mistake and it shouldn't cost you anything. I am assuming they custom ordered the tile for you so they must have had enough extra from that order to tile the spillover. They should not be charging extra for the tile on the spillway if that is the case.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.