Buffalo, NY - Gunite Saltwater Pool Build

Pool contractor is working with SR Smith on how to remedy the diving board. It sounds like they want to cut the two rear jigs and fill. Install two new jigs (reading the instructions I don't see a method to do this when the deck is already complete). Drill a new hole in the pedestal so they don't have to move/adjust the front most jig.

Not sure how else you'd do it aside from cutting / removing part of the deck and repouring. Suffice to say we're pretty upset about it.

Pool contractor is working with SR Smith on how to remedy the diving board. It sounds like they want to cut the two rear jigs and fill. Install two new jigs (reading the instructions I don't see a method to do this when the deck is already complete). Drill a new hole in the pedestal so they don't have to move/adjust the front most jig.

Not sure how else you'd do it aside from cutting / removing part of the deck and repouring. Suffice to say we're pretty upset about it.
It would be great to see pictures of before and after and what they do for us to follow along and learn.

We are all rooting for this to work out well.

It would be great to see pictures of before and after and what they do for us to follow along and learn.

We are all rooting for this to work out well.
Thanks for the kind words. This is the only thing I asked for as part the build so I’m pretty furious.

Some before photos. They need to move the front jig location by about 5” or 6”. They will need to add two new holes into the deck for rear jigs. Then fill the old holes.
77513BBF-97C7-45DE-93C8-E1D2F40955A5.jpeg

Inside you’ll see they would actually add a hole for the front jig where it’s circled. Apparently SR Smith said this is fine. I’m asking for it in writing.
DBA5E42F-CD74-4191-A487-6D47A5C22AFE.jpeg

Last edited:
Talked to the pool builder and SR Smith. We have a Flyte-Deck II Diving Board Stand so SR Smith recommended the 75-209-5876-SS Epoxy Kit. Comes with three bolts/jigs.

They will cut all three of the old ones off. Fill it with something, this will probably look like Crud, and then drill into the patio to set the bolts/jigs from the kit. The Epoxy will help in the setting of the bolts/jigs and then we need to wait 72 hours before affixing the board.

I also noticed yesterday the pedestal isn't level so not sure what the builder will do. SR Smith says no shims so they will need to sand down the patio.

For the amount we paid on the patio and the number of things that are going wrong, we're considering asking them for a credit of a to be determined amount. We also found concrete drippings on some of the pool tiles that I'm sure can't be remediated easily.

We were on a roll there for a while.

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats and Lanzz
Builder confirmed the approach today. They will be here early next week to complete the work. Apologized several times and promised a credit without me asking. While the credit won't make a difference in the grand scheme (and price) of the pool it was a good gesture and I appreciate it.

Finally had a chance to turn on the lights. Was surprised I can’t have each light display a different color. So any light show is just all 4 lights changing to the same solid color at the same time. Is that typical?

32194467-4C59-4D3F-8EC1-450A6572B30D.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to turn on the lights. Was surprised I can’t have each light display a different color. So any light show is just all 4 lights changing to the same solid color at the same time. Is that typical?

View attachment 444327

You really have to create your signature so we know what equipment you have. I don't know what automation system you have or the light models we are discussing.

It is very typical to the point we usually have people coming here to ask how to make their lights work together when somehow they get off sync LOL Like Allen said knowing the equipment you are working with will be helpful for someone to figure out IF your lights can be different.

Hi @kimkats and @ajw22 - Sorry about that! Sig updated now. Please note I actually have 4xPentair Microbrites (not globrites).

Also, while putting together my sig I actually noticed the builder did not do the Pentair Intellicenter Automation 5PIC40 as discussed. He instead opted to do the i5P w/ separate box for IntelliChlor. Aside from not being aligned with what was discussed, any issue keeping it this way?

Are your four Microbrite lights all on one transformer or on separate transformers?

All lights on a single transformer and relay will have the same color control.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, while putting together my sig I actually noticed the builder did not do the Pentair Intellicenter Automation 5PIC40 as discussed. He instead opted to do the i5P w/ separate box for IntelliChlor. Aside from not being aligned with what was discussed, any issue keeping it this way?

No.

Are your four Microbrite lights all on one transformer or on separate transformers?

All lights on a single transformer and relay will have the same color control.
How would I be able to tell? Is this something I'd see in the IntelliCenter or do I need to see how it was wired? I assume it should be installed, by default, to separate transformers? Installation instructions seem to see every light to a single transformer.

How would I be able to tell? Is this something I'd see in the IntelliCenter or do I need to see how it was wired? I assume it should be installed, by default, to separate transformers? Installation instructions seem to see every light to a single transformer.
Assume nothing. Pool builders often don’t follow installation instructions.

You need to follow the physical wiring for each light to its transformer and relay to understand how it was configured.

Look on your pool pad. How many light transformers do you see?

Assume nothing. Pool builders often don’t follow installation instructions.

You need to follow the physical wiring for each light to its transformer and relay to understand how it was configured.

Look on your pool pad. How many light transformers do you see?
Speaking of which. My intellicenter can’t talk to my wifi because it’s too far away. Told the pool builder and they said it’s my responsibility to run Ethernet out to it. How you going to tell me that after the fact? Anyway, builder is not in my good graces and we even convinced friends of ours to switch to this builder (pool itself is great, attention to details not so much).

Here’s what I see. Looks like one transformer. I assume putting each light on its own transformer is probably a big fix at this point. Wish they would have asked me. They asked about everything else under the Sun haha

504F8D28-F54A-4A4E-88FA-B394CB085ABA.jpeg

Last edited:
Not necessarily that difficult.

Looks like you can stack some transformers on that rail.

Then you need to run wiring from the black light junction box to each transformer.

And you need an available high voltage relay for each new transformer.

Looks like a day of work by a competent electrician if you have all the pieces.

Not necessarily that difficult.

Looks like you can stack some transformers on that rail.

Then you need to run wiring from the black light junction box to each transformer.

And you need an available high voltage relay for each new transformer.

Looks like a day of work by a competent electrician if you have all the pieces.
Thanks, @ajw22 . Much appreciate your time and feedback.

Maybe a stupid question, but we leave for vacation next week. Our skimmers are FULL of leaves each morning. I didn't anticipate this. Any suggestions aside from asking pool builder to come clean them out?

Maybe a stupid question, but we leave for vacation next week. Our skimmers are FULL of leaves each morning. I didn't anticipate this. Any suggestions aside from asking pool builder to come clean them out?

Construct some type of skimmer guard so the debris does not go into the skimemr while you a e not there and the water can continue circulating.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.