"Budget" build in Los Angeles

How soon should it be hydrated ? Weather here has been very pleasant. High 70s low humidity

Contractor plans to have someone water it 3 times a day starting tomorrow.

Deleted. Glitch in the matrix didn't show me @ajw22 response.

Please read, print, and re-read the response from @ajw22 ...from that link:

Shotcrete / concrete is ready for water as soon as the initial set is complete, which is about 4-6 hrs after placement. Water is applied to aid in hydration/curing, a process which decays exponentially, so watering is most critical in the first hours/days after placement.

they have started working on the coping forms,

Any advice on what "finish" we should do? brush? smooth? stamped? or

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221123-192629.jpeg
    Screenshot_20221123-192629.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 45

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
we did 3 feet of pavers around the pool, and blending in our current pavers to the front of the pool. We were hoping to keep everything the same, but we were unable to find the current pavers.
Jan 9th
1678214134088.png

Reactions: Newdude
Feb 15th We failed inspection, due to our block fence having a chain link fence on the other side. I was forced to install a new fence to pass inspection:

1678214239486.png

• Love
March 3rd plaster was done, StoneScapes Mini Pebbles Aqua White Mini. Guys showed up at 6:30AM and were done by 10am.
1678214426150.png

1678214357850.png
1678214385684.png

Last edited:
  • Love
todo

Landscaping around the pool.
Salt water conversion.
I stained the coping with H&C, however it rained that night and ruined some area's that were not dry. This will need to be repaired.
1 million hunny do's the wife will want =)

WE are at the end of our pool build, our contractor has been great, but he hired a pool service company for startup and they leave a lot to be desired.

I plan complain to our contractor, but i figure the more i can learn myself the better

- So far i bought myself a TF-Pro Salt kit (plan to convert to salt later)
- We have 1 skimmer
- Dedicated Vacuum port

Can someone help me figure out what each valve does? i gave it the best guesses

#1. Jandy Valve goes out to either the spa (right) or pool (left)
#2 Jandy to Skimmer/pool drain or dedicated Vacuum port
#3 i would imagine is suction from the spa (right) or pool (left) drain.
#4 not sure what this pipe is for, seems like a vent to the spa?
#5 return to pool? but why would it be needed

1678494386235.png

In my opinion it is builder malpractice to not label every pipe and valve with its function and flow direction. Have your builder label everything.

1. Pool/Spa Return valve - spa on right pool on left. Note that below that valve is your spa makeup line where water will flow from the pool return side to the spa to keep your spa water fresh.
  2. You have two pipes on the suction side. Likely for one for skimmer/main drain and the other for your vacuum port
  3. Pool/Spa Suction valve - spa on right and pool on left
  4. Air intake for spa air bubbles
  5. Dunno why he put that ball valve in the pool return line
You have no automation system to change between pool and spa?

Thank you so much, went outside and check everything and that does all make sense now.

The "pool tech" is suppose to give me a run down, but he showed up once and has yet to return.

No automation, all manual as budget did not allow it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.