Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Today I noticed that I have bubbles coming out of 2 of my 4 return jets. I also noticed that when I look down on the clear top for the basket next to my pump, there are bubbles in there, too. I’ve been reading how aeration can lead to an increase in pH, so I’d like to figure out what’s going on. The water level is definitely high enough above my skimmer. Any advice where to start?

Start by checking your pump and its lid out. Use a hose and starting at the bottom of your pump a small stream of water. If the bubbling stops as your wet down the pump, that's where your leak is. Move up the pump the same way with water to monitor for changes in your pump basket.
Lastly check the lid itself and the gasket. Is it on hand tight? Any cracks in the plastic lid? Those all could let air in to the system.

THat's a simple start.... lets see if that shows anything before we get serious....

Maddie :flower:

I’ll try the water over the pump. It’s only two weeks old, so it looks brand new, no visible cracks or anything. Maybe the rubber gasket on the inside of the lid?

How many bubbles? How big are the bubbles?

I've got a SWG and I can see very tiny bubbles coming out of a return line when the SWG is running. This is because when SWGs are running, bubbles are created in the process (google SWG bubbles if you want to know more). Edit: I'm currently running my SWG at 100% output and a low pump speed. I really noticed the bubbles coming out of the return line today. But they were very small bubbles.

I've also had large constant bubbles from returns. It started after I cleaned out my basket, so I concluded that I didn't seal the cover properly. After failing to stop the bubbles, I replaced the gasket. That didn't work and after searching in vain for a leak, I called a pool repairman who replaced a plastic part around the basket cover that I had cracked when I emptied the basket.

If you've got a SWG and they're tiny bubbles of no consequence, they're likely from the SWG. If they're large enough to be bothersome, you need to look for a leak. If you check your basket lid and don't find anything, either look further or it's time to call in a repairman. I would have never found the crack part so it was well worth paying the repairman to fix my leak.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.