Bubblers on tanning ledge are cutting our feet!

voidpointer

Gold Supporter
Oct 8, 2020
Prosper, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have two bubblers on my tanning ledge. The water is about 6" deep there. The two eyeball fittings there protrude a bit and the inside portion of the eyeball (the actual hole) has a very sharp edge. Multiple times, people have stepped on those and got a chunk of skin cut off in the shape of a circle.

I'm concerned about the pain these inflict, because when we're running through the pool water, they're very difficult to see and easy to step on.

Is there anything simple I can do to lessen the pain these cause?

Was it specified the model bubbler to be installed?

It looks like your builder just put a PVC pipe with a return jet on the floor as a bubbler. Complain to your builder that he did not use the correct type of bubbler fitting for a floor.

A lighted bubbler looks like this...

1687651459443.png

This is made to screw into the floor...

1687651528394.png

That type of fitting for bubblers I am not familiar with and have never seen that installation of a return outlet used in that fashion.
Flush mount returns are commonly used but again they are flush mounted to the sun deck.
Can you provide a picture of the area that’s causing the problem?

That type of fitting for bubblers I am not familiar with and have never seen that installation of a return outlet used in that fashion.
Flush mount returns are commonly used but again they are flush mounted to the sun deck.
Can you provide a picture of the area that’s causing the problem?
I provided a picture earlier. Did you want to see something more specific?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.