Bubbler, lighted or not?? Getting mixed info

Millergirl

Oct 19, 2019
Texas
We're building a pool with a tanning/baja deck and want a lighted bubbler. Our pool builder is great with doing a bubbler, but clearly doesn't want to do a LIGHTED bubbler - but so far we're not getting a clear answer as to why not!
If you have a lighted bubbler are you happy with it? Would love to know the brand as well as the depth of your deck. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

Read this thread on lighted bubblers...

@bdavis466 is one of our most respected construction experts. And he suggests...

plumb the bubblers like typical pool returns but with a Venturi tee and then place a light in an area that will shine on it.

Welcome to TFP.

Read this thread on lighted bubblers...

@bdavis466 is one of our most respected construction experts. And he suggests...

plumb the bubblers like typical pool returns but with a Venturi tee and then place a light in an area that will shine on it.
Hi, thanks so much for the input! As a total newbie, I want to make sure I understand your suggestion. I read in the other thread you linked to that you recommend a light perpendicular to the bubbler. But then I don't understand the venturi tee suggestion, are you saying use that to run electric for the wall light?

No, a venturi tee is what is used in spa jets to create the jet action. The tee has a nozzle inside it that the water is directed through and another port where an air line gets connected. The flow of water through the jet pulls air into the stream and creates the jet action.

Lighting is a complete separate system.

This is a pretty good example of how little light these things give off.

Its great if you have a hundred lights in your pool and have multiple colors going but for the average pool with typical lighting, you may end up disappointed.

Here the lights were installed in the sidewall and pointed toward the deck jets (which aren't on in the picture). Notice how they light up the entire shelf instead of just shooting straight up at the sky and the actual jet is barely visible. This pool has 8 Globrites in it.

This pool looks great and is probably what you have in mind but my best guess is that there at least 20 lights in this pool...figure each light is $1,000 (or more) installed.

Reactions: LuckyLu
bdavis466 you are awesome, thank you for the info and for the pics. We're going to consider adding a light to the tanning deck instead.
About lighting... Our pool is going to be small, 13' by 24 of 25', and currently the design only has two lights, so the tanning deck would be the third. Seems like plenty for the size, I welcome any input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.