Brush to use after replaster?

nicktf

Aug 9, 2022
Houston, TX
Hi all, I've just had our pool replastered (Wet Edge Luna Quartz Madagascar), and the general advice here is to use a nylon brush, however, the manufacturer recommends a combo (nylon and stainless steel). I'm going with their recommendation, but any thoughts or experiences? I'm only on day one, it's a small pool and I can already foresee that brushing is going to get old very quickly...

I have Wet Edge plaster as well and I have only used nylon brush. The goal is to not let the plaster dust settle on the bottom, so if you keep it stirred up it will be captured by the filter.

I have used a 50/50 nylon/steel brush for years. They last longer than traditional nylon only brushes, at least here in AZ they do. I also use a WhaleWall style brush as it generates downward force on the brush when you push which I find easier than traditional brushing. You do occasionally lose a bristle here and there so you want to make sure your vacuum is capable of catching them so they can't mess up your pump.

Reactions: jsygrls
+1 on the WhaleWall style brush, after using it the very first time I couldn't help think to myself WHAT WAS I DOING BEFORE THIS, because this is actually brushing the walls., LOL. My pool is 8 feet or so deep and this brush maintains contact all the way down to the bottom without floating off.

So look at like this , your getting an upper body workout twice a day, while your pool will look much better for the brushing.
I did a resurface in 2021, so I've been in your shoes, so, brush, brush, and brush. Not every pool is the same but watch your rising PH levels due to the chemical reaction that takes place after a resurface.
It took 4 months for my pool to settle down, so if you see a deal on Muriatic acid stock up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.