brown salt cell plates

Is the cell generating the expected amount of chlorine?

Have you ran an Overnight Chlorine Gain Test by setting the generation % to 100% and see if your FC rise is close to what PoolMath Effects of Adding predicts for your cell and run time?

I would soak the cell in a solution of Vitamin C and see if the brown stains lift off.

I originally removed the cell as it was not generating chlorine at all. The instant was 0 salt and the average went to like 200. I tried cleaning with acid which cleaned it to almost perfect but still no luck with the chlorine or salt levels. I purchased a new cell and it works fine. I assume the cell just died.

One question, do these cells normally just go from perfectly normal to dead? I had thought they normally slowly decline, but that didn't seem to be the case.

I originally removed the cell as it was not generating chlorine at all. The instant was 0 salt and the average went to like 200. I tried cleaning with acid which cleaned it to almost perfect but still no luck with the chlorine or salt levels. I purchased a new cell and it works fine. I assume the cell just died.

One question, do these cells normally just go from perfectly normal to dead? I had thought they normally slowly decline, but that didn't seem to be the case.
Acid cleaning a cell = quick death of cell. Should not be done on a regular basis, if ever.