Brown Dust / Stairs

Hey Casey,

It's hard to say at this point. I still have some brown dust build up, but we've also had two of the last three days with high winds. Enough to blow more tree frogs into the pool. I vacuumed again two days ago and didnt backwash, so some of what I currently have may have worked through the filter and be windblown dust. I think the dust build up is slower, but I cant say for sure yet. I have to be better off than I was considering what was in the stairs.

As far as the stairs go, I cut holes in them to help with water flow. It already had the large oval hole in the back. I also made three PVC sand filled pipes to weigh it down. I still have to get the stairs cleaned out and sanitized before they go back in the pool.

Edited to add:
I vacuumed and backwashed. Two hours later with the pump still running there is minimal brown dust. Before taking the stairs out, it would have been back within an hour much heavier than it is now. I probably have 10% of the dust on the pool floor right now that I would have had before. I am using a triangular head vacuum and some amount of the dust gets dusted up back into the water and I'm sure doesnt get sent to the filter. I try to take it slow to prevent this, but I'm sure some gets missed and then settles back out later.

Russ

photo6.jpgphoto7.jpg

Hopefully those new holes will help with circulation. I know when I had my wedding cake steps, they collected a lot of algae and I never drilled holes like you did.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.