Gold Supporter
May 22, 2018
Elmhurst, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is there a significant difference in the quality of bromine? I can buy 50 lbs. of Hydria Clear bromine tablets for $260. The same amount of bromine from In-The-Swim is $470. The Hydria Clear brand says it provides 65% available bromine; 30% available chlorine. The other brand says available bromine is 61%; available chlorine 27%. Both brands highly rated on Amazon. Why such a difference in price???

I didn’t think chlorine was used in a bromine pool? I’ve seen @duraleigh post about this in the past so maybe he’ll see your post.
I was surprised to see the "available chlorine %" in the bromine tablets myself, but that must be right because both bromine products listed "available chlorine" as a percentage along with the available bromine.

I always use liquid chlorine to shock our bromine pool. It's my understanding that that's perfectly okay.

Still scratching my head about the significant difference in price on the two 50 lb. buckets of bromine tablets I mentioned above..... seems odd the price would be that far apart for the same product.