Broken Polaris 280 - best plug & play upgrade to Polaris 380, 3900 sport or something else?

RichTJ99

Gold Supporter
Sep 16, 2016
Katonah NY
Hi,

I have a Polaris 280 that is ready to be replaced after 10 years - overall was happy, lots of repairs over the years. I have a few choices:

1. Get another Polaris 280
2. Upgrade to Polaris 380
3. Upgrade to Polaris 3900

Im looking to unbox the new one, plug it into the booster pump line & off it goes. Ideally it being 'better' than the 280 would be nice.

Thanks,
Rich

Take a look at the Quattro. It is expensive but cleans better and climbs walls better than the models you mentioned. Instead of a bag, it has nested coarse and fine filter screens. It takes more effort to clean them than to empty the bags, but the fine filter captures a lot that would pass through a bag.

It will plug and play with your existing wall fitting, but you might need to adjust the pressure. I had to reduce my Quattro's pressure so it wouldn't try to climb out of the pool.

I've had mine since March 2021 and have not needed to repair or replace any parts yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.