Broken Pipes

Hello everyone! Last year I discover that one of my return pipes has broken under the brick patio. So this year I decided to leave the returns plugged up and run a direct pipe from my salt cell output back into the stairs where my returns are.

The question is will this affect anything? Pressure etc? I have noticed that as I'm fight a green pool SLAMMING that my filter has been clogging faster and the water kinda stops flowing. But that could be the dead algae that I'm killing and keep filtering it...

IMG_6059.JPG

So you just ran a pipe above the ground that ends in the pool? That would likely have less head loss than all return jets, so your flow may go up.

Your filter problem is not really a filter problem ... it is an algae problem. Normal to clog very quickly.
Recommend cleaning when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure.
If you have a recirculate option, you could do that until most of the algae is dead and then start to filter it out.

Add your pool and equipment details to your signature as was requested when you signed up for TFP, it will help us help you. Thanks.

So you just ran a pipe above the ground that ends in the pool? That would likely have less head loss than all return jets, so your flow may go up.

Your filter problem is not really a filter problem ... it is an algae problem. Normal to clog very quickly.
Recommend cleaning when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure.
If you have a recirculate option, you could do that until most of the algae is dead and then start to filter it out.

Add your pool and equipment details to your signature as was requested when you signed up for TFP, it will help us help you. Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply! Signature updated! No recirculate option on this setup. I had real bad algae due to a dead Resilience SWG which I recently replaced with A Hayward 25K gallon generator. Water getting there it's a light emerald greenish tiny from the gross above pic dark green. [emoji849]

Save wear and tear on the SWG, and use liquid chlorine to complete the SLAM Process process. Recirculating will allow you to kill off algae without filtering. Eventually you will have to filter and vacuum out all the dead stuff, but for times when you cannot keep an eye on the filter, like when you are at work, you can recirculate.

Save wear and tear on the SWG, and use liquid chlorine to complete the SLAM Process process. Recirculating will allow you to kill off algae without filtering. Eventually you will have to filter and vacuum out all the dead stuff, but for times when you cannot keep an eye on the filter, like when you are at work, you can recirculate.

Thoughts on for leaving it recirculating during a one week vacation? While timer of course.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.