Broken Lateral(s)

The pool is clearer than it has ever been & it's just been 24 hours!

By the end of the weekend it will be a mind-blowing experience. The "fam" has confidence in the method. They tried to be encouraging, but...as I know them I know their heart wasn't in it, but they didn't want me to feel like a failure :wink:

Everything is moving in the right direction now though & we should be in for something spectacular come about Sunday.

Thanks so much~ you saved my sanity & I will dedicate the first drink to Bama and Crew :cheers:

Worst Day Ever for picture taking. It couldn't decide if it was going to storm ~ didn't really see much of the sun & the wind was kicked up heavily.

With that though:

It's clear, I passed the OCLT & haven't had CC's forever. I have been maintaining shock level for 2 weeks.
Now I do think I could add some DE and get the fines out, my son (24 years old) and Dad (geezer, but good eyes :) ) both say the water can get no clearer. They don't want me to DE so I am just letting the filter continue to run as I test throughout the days.

Am I safe to let the Chlorine get into nonshock range for my CYA ? (~ which I need to check but last test it was registering at 35). I didn't have the sun today to feel confident to run another test, so I would like to assume 35 & that matches with what I put in the pool to start us off.

I would also like to put the solar blanket on, but let the filter run, leave the blanket on and test daily to keep my Chlorine level where I need it. We are still getting some unseasonably cold nights here & I have a soon to be 8 year old with not an ounce of fat on her bod ~ so I need to warm this water a bit. Would that be ok?

This one shows the water a little better:

Still have not had the opportunity to get a picture that shows water quality due to the weather we are having upon my return from work. Mornings have been too chaotic, daughter with hurt ankle, last days of school and work is super busy. With that though, the Butler Eagle could be placed in the water and read. it looks totally luscious! Could do a commercial for a sparkling pool & I really do thank all of you guys.

I am working on finishes touches of balancing. Wasn't sure if I should post here, but figured I will keep everything in it's place.

My CYA is 35
I am letting my FC's drift downward out of Shock level so tonight they are 7. I still get a panic when I look at a single digit number. I feel like I need to keep the level at shock, but getting used to inital panic and then realizing I have the water heading where it needs to be and I am not a slave to bleach jug.
CC's are 0 and have been for a considerable amount of time
TA is 140 ~ I am concerned about this. Thinking my fill water (brought in from tanker obviously was high)
PH: 7.5- 7.8 ~ I should have tested earlier tonight in better light.

Should I tinker with the TA?

~~~
Side Issue
Haven't built the deck yet. Can't decide on exactly how I want it (whole 'nother thread) so with that I have a mid range A Frame Ladder for access (not a cheapie but not the $1200 "system" . I put this in the pool and yukky sand that I filled it with last year as instructed came out. I have taken the ladder apart, got all the sand out. Working on the remainder of the water I can hear inside various parts. Hearing this water made me think ~ I don't want that gross water in my great water. So I must continue to take it apart and get the water out. I am not going to refill this thing with sand ~ as I don't want to deal with being worry I sealed the leak point and it will break. How would you handle this? Deck with be coming as soon as we all agree what we want so we'll depend on this ladder for a bit of time yet. I am nervous putting it back into the pool because it is going to collect water that would z*not (edited to add not) circulate and that's going to be a breeding ground for yukkies...

By Saturday the rain should be through for the day I will snap a picture to show you how it's really turned around ~ thanks again all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.