Broken glass tiles stairs

Rrebel

May 30, 2018
Aruba
Unfortunately i have a few broken glass tiles on my stairs, found out because my daughter cut her foot ;(
I have no idea how it happend.

I know the right solution is to drain the pool and replace the tiles or do a complete renovation but i dont have the budget at this moment.

Looking for some tips to temporary fix it. Is there a way to replace the tiles or at least take them out with the water still in the pool?

I was also thinking about gluing stainless steel strip over the tiles to cover them.

any advise or tips?

Show us pics of the problem areas.

I would consider chipping out any broken glass tiles that are a hazard. Exposed gunite would be better then glass that can injure someone.

Do you have replacement tiles? I woudl think you can chip out broken ones and glue in replacements even if the replacements do not exactly match.

How many tiles need to be replaced? How large an area?

That flex seal tape, I think it could be applied underwater for a temporary safety fix. Might be tough to get off so maybe only peel a small section on the ends to stick it to the surface.

Thinking out loud.

Reactions: Rrebel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.