Broken bond wire

swamprat69

Mar 30, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
When checking my yard I noticed what appears to be a broken bond wire. Not sure when it happened as it probably took a while to work its way out of the ground ( CA quake of July 2019 )? It seems to be coming from the left (towards pool as the equipment pad is to the right ). It is less than 20 ft. to the equipment pad from the break. Can I patch from the broken end ( pool side )to the pad with split nuts either in a shallow trench or above ground by the fence line and tie into the equipment bonding? Is there any way to confirm bonding once I do this?

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 13
Use copper split bolts to splice a bonding wire.

Copper_lugs_and_split_bolts.jpg

Use the continuity check of a multimeter to determine what the wire is attached to.

How do you check continuity to pool bonding (rebar, deck etc.) without having physical access to bonding at the pool? Just hoping that is the only break between the equipment pad and the pool, but would like to confirm. Don't want to tie into a loose wire that is a part of multiple breaks.

it is literally a 100 foot copper wire built with a voltage tester on continuity (the little speaker one) and you walk around and test if it is bonded..

Here is Mike doing exactly that..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.