Jul 26, 2022
Nashville, TN
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I just got a new pool and have 3 1.5” brilliant wonder LED’s made by CMP. I have an OmniPL automation system and trying to set the lights up through OmniDirect. It does not seem to be working. Any idea if Brilliant Wonder CMP lights are OmniDirect Compatible?

Nothing I have seen on the CMP website says it is.

Hey guys im new to the group but I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I contact CMP and asked specific questions about their products and the way they functioned. specifically will their lights sync with the hayward lighting automation system and they said yes it even has the same colors. I asked them for the item number and i even went for the 5ft wide waterfall edge with the same smart sync tech. Well i can not for the life of me get them to sync with the OmniPL. They will come on and work but colors do not match the lights. I tried all the sync settings and reset options and they will show a completly different color to what i am picking. I then attempted the Omnidirect mode because this opened up the color spectrum that was advertised on the CMP paperwork that was compatible with Hayward lighting systems but still no go. I am gonna attempt to call them monday morning to figure out whats going on here. It seems weird that they would have a specific SKU for a Hayward compatible light and it not sync with the hayward system. I can cycle through the lights colors and shows but i would have been able to do that with the non hayward compatible SKU so im totally confused as to how they are meant to sync with the hayward system.

CMP specifically say on their paper work and website below let alone confirming with them on the phone with the correct item numbers

"Order CMP/J-Style, H-Style or P-Style Synchronize with CMP Lighting or order to match OEM controls"
"Synchronize with Jandy, Pentair & Hayward control systems"
"Compatible with most popular pool lighting and automation"

Anyone had any luck getting them to sync with the full color and show options to the Omnipl?

Hey guys im new to the group but I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I contact CMP and asked specific questions about their products and the way they functioned. specifically will their lights sync with the hayward lighting automation system and they said yes it even has the same colors. I asked them for the item number and i even went for the 5ft wide waterfall edge with the same smart sync tech. Well i can not for the life of me get them to sync with the OmniPL. They will come on and work but colors do not match the lights. I tried all the sync settings and reset options and they will show a completly different color to what i am picking. I then attempted the Omnidirect mode because this opened up the color spectrum that was advertised on the CMP paperwork that was compatible with Hayward lighting systems but still no go. I am gonna attempt to call them monday morning to figure out whats going on here. It seems weird that they would have a specific SKU for a Hayward compatible light and it not sync with the hayward system. I can cycle through the lights colors and shows but i would have been able to do that with the non hayward compatible SKU so im totally confused as to how they are meant to sync with the hayward system.

CMP specifically say on their paper work and website below let alone confirming with them on the phone with the correct item numbers

"Order CMP/J-Style, H-Style or P-Style Synchronize with CMP Lighting or order to match OEM controls"
"Synchronize with Jandy, Pentair & Hayward control systems"
"Compatible with most popular pool lighting and automation"

Anyone had any luck getting them to sync with the full color and show options to the Omnipl?
I eventually got my CMP lights to work. Omni direct mode won’t work. Toggle through the different light options and try it. I forgot which one ended up working. I can check if you can’t figure it out. It will work though.

I eventually got my CMP lights to work. Omni direct mode won’t work. Toggle through the different light options and try it. I forgot which one ended up working. I can check if you can’t figure it out. It will work though.
Thanks for the response Cole. If you could take a look at your config in the light settings and post them here that would be great. i been messing with it all day and still cant get them to sync with the colors I'm picking through the App and it has a lot less of the colors and shows that the light is meant to have. Weirdly though I can cycle through to them missing colors and shows if I manually just turn the power off to them but kind of defeats the point of having a hayward compatible set that works with the hayward automation if i cant use the app to pick these color and show options.

I just checked. Here are my settings..

CONFIG>Bodies of water > stand alone lights

Type: UCL

Relay: RELAY 1

Set mode: do you have universal color logic like you would like to set in UCL Mode > NO

Omni direct: test for Omni direct capability > NO

Attachments

• B8045BDB-8329-4FA2-BB19-8E7C285B389C.jpeg
    B8045BDB-8329-4FA2-BB19-8E7C285B389C.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 5E5AE242-90FD-4D0D-B6EF-4BA24ACB7833.png
    5E5AE242-90FD-4D0D-B6EF-4BA24ACB7833.png
    507.3 KB · Views: 6
  • D00941C5-8318-4EB7-9BDE-5DA0747CE89C.png
    D00941C5-8318-4EB7-9BDE-5DA0747CE89C.png
    549.5 KB · Views: 6

Set mode: do you have universal color logic like you would like to set in UCL Mode > NO

That's perfect i'm gonna go out and test it right now. Thanks Cole

Working great. Thanks again.

Working great. Thanks again.
What's the difference between omni direct and just cycling through colors? I'm upgrading my controller soon and just put in a hayward compatible light from BW, going to the OmniPL setup here soon. What else will this give me in terms of lighting options?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.