Breaking up with Leslies

KFrancisTX

May 10, 2020
Richmond TX
Glad I found y'all before problems started. Pool just hit 1 yr old, and starting to see the impact of using trichlor tabs for regular maintenance. CYA really got up there quick. Just made the switch to the TFP method and appreciate the simpleness and avoidance of adding a bunch of whoknowswhatitreallydoes chemicals into water that my kids will spend many hours in.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Welcome! :wave:

full

• Haha
Here's where I'm at right now, looks like I'll be adding 2L of 10% bleach today to see where that gets me, since chlorine is low for my high CYA. CYA came down from >110 by water exchange on friday. Still have some more work to do to get it down further. pH seems to rise quickly. Water is crystal clear and blue.Screenshot_20200511-073241.png

Remember - whenever you fall below min fc for your cya level something can grow ? so until u get that cya to a reasonable level (60 or so - I know its hot & sunny there) keep that chlorine coming on a regular basis like twice a day. lower cya = less chlorine you gotta tote. Then you’ll be able to dial in that daily consumption amount. There are some threads & folks here that can give u insight on how to exchange your h20 safely as well. Also be on the hunt for a reliable & convenient lc source in your area. Maybe some Texas guys will chime in soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Remember - whenever you fall below min fc for your cya level something can grow ? so until u get that cya to a reasonable level (60 or so - I know its hot & sunny there) keep that chlorine coming on a regular basis like twice a day. lower cya = less chlorine you gotta tote. Then you’ll be able to dial in that daily consumption amount. There are some threads & folks here that can give u insight on how to exchange your h20 safely as well. Also be on the hunt for a reliable & convenient lc source in your area. Maybe some Texas guys will chime in soon.
Thanks, seems like Home Depot is well stocked, they had just opened a new pallet yesterday when I got there. Picked up 12 gallons to get me started.