Breaking Ground Tomorrow!!

Dec 23, 2017
Corpus Christi, TX
So the excavator is here and we should be breaking ground tomorrow! I’m very excited. I have my lines layed out. I’ll attach a photo. Sorry it’s the best I could get from the bucket of my tractor. Tanning ledge will be in the curve at top left with a bench that extends down the wall of pool closest to back porch. Another bench in bottom left curve as well as upper right curve. Pool outline is currently measuring 20x40 (a little more if I measure curve to curve). Ignore orange line...water hose is my outline! :)

- - - Updated - - -

UGH!!!! Everything is so dead and drab from the freeze!!! Will also be restaining the fence. Hurricane Harvey's driving rains did a number on it!!

Attachments

• B89D9430-1776-4AF2-849A-9C0AA1A87CE8.jpg
    B89D9430-1776-4AF2-849A-9C0AA1A87CE8.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 565
Re: Breaking Ground Tomorrow!!

Wooohoo!! We're excited for ya too!! Keep the pics coming.....

Has Kim :kim: approved your "bling" shopping yet? You know.. the fun stuff she likes to buy vicariously along with you. LOL

Is that fence enough to meet code?

What's the equipment lined up? Signature line time :)

Maddie :flower:

Like you, we have plenty of room out in the country. I was hesitant about a pool at first, but now, I could never imagine our backyard without it. The pool makes for an entirely new home and living space out back. You're going to love it. Hint: Take good notes and LOTs of pics during the process from the minute the first shovel hits the ground to the point where they dump a bunch of chemicals blindly into your fresh water. Have your TF-100 (with speedstir) ready as well. Good luck!

i1mwb4.jpg

last view before dig...
302xe14.jpg

day 1 dig
2ihqerl.jpg

dig complete
28l3uwp.jpg

ready for gunite!!! Supposed to be tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Doggies!!! Hi guys! Did you have fun playing with your new friends?? Did they share their lunch with you???

Hi to the doggie's owner LOL So where is the plan for the pool that shows the details? It is not too late to tweak if needed.

Have you gone out to measure the dig? Add about 6" for the gunite and plaster. Is it wide, deep,long, etc enough? NOW is the time to make an changes wanted or needed.

What are you plans for the finish? Do I get any BLING???

When do you think they will shoot the gunite?

Thanks for letting us come along for the fun!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

That is a nice looking pool there! The gunite really brings it to life! So have you started bonding with it yet? aka watering it. You can hand spray it or set up a sprinkler to help you out. This helps it cure slower so lessens the cracks. Some small crack may develop but so long as they are not wider than a penny you are good.

This is the time I share a set of links I put together for new pool owners:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Ask you PB what tool kit he is providing and let us know so we can fill in any blanks for you.

Thanks for sharing. Yes I have begun the watering process. It's actually therapeutic- but I feel this way about vacuuming and mowing as well. LOL! Today I watered 3 times even though my PB said 2 times per day. I can't over water...right??? :confused:
I will start reading all of the attachments you sent. My next step is to decide on a plaster color. I'm going to be going with Stonescapes. Right now it's between Tropics and Midnight. My cousin is having her pool replastered in Midnight. So, hopefully I will be able to see that before we are ready for plaster.

You cannot over water. It is a good way to know your new baby!

I will tell you that the darker plaster has a greater chance of streaking or such. It really depends on the installer's skills!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.