Brand new Zodiac MX 6 trouble -WTH?

Donna P

Jun 20, 2019
Las Vegas, nv
I just received a new MX6 to replace a prior vacuum that was pretty beat up. I hooked it up exactly as instructed and exactly like the prior vacuum. Filters are clean, no debris, each section of the hose has suction, but there is absolutely NO wheel movement Unless I turn the RPM’s up well over 3000, and even there it barely moves. The manual says the filter can be set as low as 22 GPH, I’ve got it over 50. The settings I had it on worked for my prior vacuum which was way crappier than this one. I have a side suction/dedicated cleaner line and leave the vacuum in the pool; it’s on a timer to run nightly.
I read a closed thread regarding someone who had a new one & thought it spun “too tight”.:and they wanted to loosen it. Is that an issue with these? I went to YouTube university and watched all of the troubleshooting videos.
So WTH is wrong ? Please don’t tell me to change out parts, it’s brand new.
Argh! This is so aggravating. 🤬
thanks

I’m not sure how to resolve your issue - but since you just got it, it’s still under warranty, I recommend reaching out to where you bought it from or reaching out directly to Zodiac so they can trouble shoot.
I have the same vacuum and it does have its quarks. Mine likes to roll around on its back wheels now and then. I mostly bought it because of the price point and it’s nice not to do manual vacuuming. It’s a good vacuum if you don’t expect much from it.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.