Brand new to pools not chemistry :)

I didn't have time to check it this morning but it was In that range at night. I'll have to run the pump non stop if I do it that way. there is no timer on my setup so I guess that was the intent.

It was sunny and 90 today so it would make sense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great posts and updates!

Thanks. My goal here was to have a reference for others as well as chronicle my experience for myself and others to use to help them. I figured between me trying stuff and experienced people chiming in it would be beneficial to someone besides me.

I was wondering if anyone could give advice on how much bleach to keep on hand for when I have gatherings to give the water the sanitation edge it needs to deal with all that organic matter. I have around 6 gallons left that I didn't use which I dont want it to go to waste just sitting. I guess it depends on personal usage I can take it back I figured around 4 would probably get me through the summer.

I just ordered the FAS/DPD titration I am already fed up with the color match testing. TF Kits had the order ready and label made within 30 minutes, Rebecca is fast. I am going to try and install all hand rails and clean the pool deck off tonight, however, the wife has sent me on an errand I didn't plan on so wish me luck.

Jared

I started to respond that you'll use them quickly....but realized you have a SWG. :D You may want to keep all 6 on hand while you get the SWG dialed in just right. Just in case you run into any issues...

After a pool party with a bunch of swimmers, I'll generally dose a full gallon and see where I am the next day. If I or DW hop in the pool on a random day, we don't do anything different.

If you can keep it in a cool, dark area it might not lose too much %. Maybe 1 or 2 so it is worth it to hold on to a couple at least. Now if you plan on LOTS of people quite a few times...............those Gals will go fast!

Kim:cat:

I started to respond that you'll use them quickly....but realized you have a SWG. :D You may want to keep all 6 on hand while you get the SWG dialed in just right. Just in case you run into any issues...

After a pool party with a bunch of swimmers, I'll generally dose a full gallon and see where I am the next day. If I or DW hop in the pool on a random day, we don't do anything different.

Is it bad that I just learned what DW means now? : oldmanemoji: I don't know about you guys but when my wife calls me "dear" anything, I usually did something stupid or didn't do something I was supposed to. :whip:

Anyway... I love these kinds of threads where a newer user puts in a little effort (OK A LOT) and documents the many different aspects of tackling a pool as a new pool owner. Keep it up!

We got in dang it was cold, not terrible. 74 or so. My son who is almost 2 started to like it after an hour of convincing so we should be good to go this summer. The pool needs more cleaning but otherwise it's good to go. pH rosex to 7.4 as I have read so all levels are good.

Will clean everything up tomorrow and post some shots like I did for my initial post. Anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced outdoor clock. 1.5 hours went by and we had no idea haha.

Jared

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is it bad that I just learned what DW means now? : oldmanemoji: I don't know about you guys but when my wife calls me "dear" anything, I usually did something stupid or didn't do something I was supposed to. :whip:

LOL well it CAN mean the other D as well if you know what I mean!

LOL on taking an hour to convince 2 yr old is WAS fun. How long did it take for him to stop fussing when you took him OUT???

No one told you the rule about clocks and pools? Come on guys, someone is slipping on their job! NO clocks allowed by the pool. Pool time has NO time! Play and enjoy until you are done! :snorkle:

Kim:cat:

He cried 5-10 minutes. we were 45 minutes late to bed he was mad about that too.

We had to hold him the whole time but he did sit on the top stair and play, shouldn't be long until he wants to get down.

I hope he likes it, as it's mostly for him.

Jared

74? Whew, that's wetsuit territory around these parts. Lol...

Mine is 86 right now, and that's just about perfect. Wouldn't mind a few degrees warmer for nighttime swims.

I just saw sand coming from some jets which explains why it was kinda murky the other day. Looks like sand filter disassembly is in the future. I may have changed it from wash to filter to quickly. I have never seen it do that to this point. If I don't backflush not a problem I hope :). Will vacuum once it settles.

obligatory shot.

fb59fc0ab76e4ea5134d3247a94b7bd5.jpg

I have all areas functional now pool bathroom and kitchen. Cleaned the pool deck mostly, and put skimmer socks that were here in. Tried rinse seemed to work will add that to my list of knowledge.

I just got this zero gravity chair yesterday and it's pretty slick. Really nice to lay in but not for tanning. Plus it has a side table built on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.