Brand New SWG Not Producing Chlorine

Thanks for all the help with this! I left my pump running all night while it was cooler outside and I took a water sample at the return and I had chlorine. It showed the Hardness at zero though. I realized my test strips were expired though so I am getting new ones today to be sure. If that is correct what needs to be done to correct this?

I so appreciate all the feedback and help!

Thanks for all the help with this! I left my pump running all night while it was cooler outside and I took a water sample at the return and I had chlorine. It showed the Hardness at zero though. I realized my test strips were expired though so I am getting new ones today to be sure. If that is correct what needs to be done to correct this?

I so appreciate all the feedback and help!
If you have been using test strips or free pool store testing, that is the problem. They are both notoriously bad and inaccurate. Get a good test kit that TFP endorses (K2006-C or the TF-100). None of the results posted make sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.