Brand new pool, pool builder won’t come put chemicals in it, help!

they showed up with salt. i was reading all about how to put it in when he was driving out.
had to stop the guy from dumping 12 40lb bags down the skimmer.

anyway! I guess i get to learn how to do a salt test this afternoon!

So we have the thing set to recirculate for the salt. When can we turn the filter back on? We still have ick we are stirring trying to filter out. I’m not finding any info on filtering while dissolving salt, just that the pump needs to run for 24 hours.

the salt won’t get stuck in the sand, right? That sounds stupid to even ask. :LOL:

Does this work? Thats a link to my pool from the Pool Math Ap.

FC 3.5 (dropping steadily from the crazy high when she dumped tons in)
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 90
CH 100
CYA 10ish? The test water is foggy and I almost couldn't see the dot when the tube was all the way full. So there's some, but less then 20
Salt 3400

1. Can I change the pH target value in the app to 7.5 instead of 7.6 so it will agree Ive made my target? My little test thingy doesn't have 7.6 on it. Or is there a more precise pH test I should be using? Im using the two test one that has the chlorine on the other side in the tf100 kit.

2. Am I ok to skip adding calcium for now? I am fiberglass

3. Salt is OK to get the salt cell running when these guys show up now, right? I have a Hayward and their website says works best at 3200 and works between 2700 and 3400. Its been 48 hours since it was added.

ACTUAL Big Question I came to ask:
4. CYA. We told the pool store to order us some liquid, but I have no idea when that's going to show up. They don't stock it here. I have the dry kind from Lowes. The app says to add 11lbs. I THINK Ive read I should NOT add the whole amount at once and sort of sneak up on it, right? So ... how much and how.

When it says add to sock does it mean a human sock or a skimmer sock? I don't have any skimmer socks. It means a human sock right? :ROFLMAO: I have little feet. I can maybe get half a pound into my sock. I need "explain it like I'm 5" directions on how to get that number up.

I don’t think the pH difference of 7.5 or 7.6 makes any difference.

Sorry, can’t answer about CH or Salt…

Whatever I add to my pool, if in small quantities up to 2lb I add half and test before adding the rest. If I’m adding large quantities of anything (like when I added Boric Acid) I’d break into smaller manageable quantities.

Doesn't have to be sock. Has to be something that can hold it inside and with a mesh that would prevent large amount sinking to the bottom of your pool. So if you use an old human sock, make sure it has no holes in it ;). Ladies socks probably would work best.

OH MY GOSH my husband just found an alive frog in the basket at the pump! How did he make it out of the skimmer basket??? I was not prepared for frogs that far up the line.

When the cover is installed there will be no frogs right?

I added one whole pound of cya to skimmer in my sock.
im going to need way bigger socks to eventually get 11 pounds into this pool. I figure i can’t screw anything up too bad by adding one pound and seeing how it works i guess.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.