Brand new Polaris 360 leaks at hose's swivel point nuts

mattbk

May 31, 2018
NY
Set it up today and it seems to be operating decently. Is leaking at the hose's swivel points normal? They are all leaking somewhat. Not sure if this is just to keep the hose moving around? Tried to tighten the nuts but made no difference and the nuts seem pretty cheap so I don't want to break them. If I push to two hose ends together towards the middle of the swivel piece, the leak stops but of course starts again when I let go.

Video: leak - Streamable

Last edited:
Would it be reasonable (economical) to just buy a one-piece hose of the proper length? Is there anything special about the Polaris hose?
I have the 360 too, and it leaks at some of the connections, but I have not found it to be a problem.

I believe the hose is engineered with the swivel points and floats for the cleaner to move without any drag from the hose . The cleaner has very little power to move.

Was hard to tell because the water shoots out so fast but the leak was from the middle of the swivel. Appears that the swivels are just made like Crud. Polaris sent me new swivels under the warranty and first two I tried had the same problem. Third one finally did not leak from the middle. Pretty ridiculous for what they charge for the parts, glad I didn't have to pay (this time).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.