Brand New Pentair MasterTEmp 250 wont fire up

I literally pulled out the previous heater and put in the exact same model... with all the same connections and everything

I would not be surprised if this revised model is tuned a bit differently and may be more sensitive to installation parameters.

You need to know the supply voltage and you need to make sure that the voltage selector plug is correct.

For the old heater, was the 120 or 240 selector plug installed?

Note: Do not use the 120 volt plug unless you are 100% sure that the supply voltage is 120.

I see a flexible gas line leading to your gas regulator.

The Installation Manual says "The use of Flexible Connectors (FLEX) is NOT recommended unless they are properly sized according to the supplier recommendations for the heater rating."

Do you know what the capacity rating of that flex line is?
I don't know the capacity rating, however along the same lines, i've had this exactly same make and model heater working properly installed here for the previous 7 years. I have changed nothing about the original install except hooked up and new heater the exact same way than before.

The fan sounds too slow, which is usually due to the supply voltage being 120 and the selector plug is 240.

What is the circuit breaker for the power going to the heater?

Do not switch to the 120 plug unless you are 100% sure that the supply voltage is 120.

I don't think that the heater is getting to the point where it is trying to open the gas valve.

Due to the AFS and AGS errors, the heater is shutting down without trying to fire.

The AFS error might be due to a slow fan due to low voltage.

The AFS should be open until the fan starts and then it should be closed.

The AGS sensor might be bad.

Check the AGS with an ohmmeter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The fan sounds too slow, which is usually due to the supply voltage being 120 and the selector plug is 240.

What is the circuit breaker for the power going to the heater?

Do not switch to the 120 plug unless you are 100% sure that the supply voltage is 120.
Well James. You are 100% correct. Pool place said it requires 220 and this is fed by a 20 Amp 110.

Is there an internal setting to change it to 110 on these units, since the previous (exact model) unit was powered by 110, i feel like this is a 110 unit, or do i need to call an electrician?

Youre awesome btw, and thank you for the help along the way with this. Everyone.

These should be in the heater.

Squeeze in the tabs and remove the 240 volt plug and install the 120 volt plug.
1652899561705.png
1652899691803.png

Attachments

• 1652899642310.png
    1652899642310.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.