Brand New Pentair IC60 not producing Chlorine

Superchlorinate changes the output to 100% for 24 hours and then the output automatically reverts back to the original level.

Setting to 100% will remain at 100% until you change it.

All indications point to the chlorinator working correctly.

Thanks for the clarification. Any advice on how long I should leave the cell in 100% output mode? Most likely until the Chlorine levels are brought up?

You should use liquid chlorine to get a good fc level and then do an OCLT to see if a full SLAM is needed.

Then, make sure that the production of chlorine is sufficient to keep the fc at or slightly above the recommended level.

I would recommend that you increase the CYA to at least 50 or 60.

You should use liquid chlorine to get a good fc level and then do an OCLT to see if a full SLAM is needed.

Then, make sure that the production of chlorine is sufficient to keep the fc at or slightly above the recommended level.

I would recommend that you increase the CYA to at least 50 or 60.

Can I use the liquid Chlorine while the SWG is running? I would imagine it would not hurt it by adding LC to the deep skimmer to then flow through the pump and system. Thoughts?

I would turn the SWG off for now. Then, pour the liquid chlorine into the return stream and then brush the pool.

Target about 10 ppm.

At sunset, check fc and recheck at sunrise to see if you lose more than 1.0 ppm fc overnight.

120 oz of 12.5% chlorine is about 3.9 ppm in 30,000 gallons. So, you might need to add some more to get to about 10 ppm.

In general, it's not good practice to add chemicals through the skimmer.

When adding liquid, pour the liquid slowly into the return stream and then brush the pool to mix.

120 oz of 12.5% chlorine is about 3.9 ppm in 30,000 gallons. So, you might need to add some more to get to about 10 ppm.

In general, it's not good practice to add chemicals through the skimmer.

When adding liquid, pour the liquid slowly into the return stream and then brush the pool to mix.

James,

Thank you for the tip not to add chemicals directly to the skimmer, I was not aware of that. In the future, I will add near the return stream and then brush.

Reactions: JamesW
Did the OCLT test and checked Chlorine levels this morning and I did not lose more than 1ppm. I think I know what may have caused the issue. When the SWG started flashing indicating there was high salt, I drained 8" to 12" of water, which in doing so I am sure I lost some Chlorine. When I replaced the water lost, I left the SWG at the current level of production, at that time it was 18%. I do not think it could keep up with manufacturing the amount of Chlorine it needed to be efficient. I could be wrong, but that is my thoughts...

Thanks again to all who gave me advice.

Greg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.