Brand new Circupool sj-45 shuts off after salt and cell lights turn on red

Ok all,. Pool hit 72 degrees today, SWG still not working. I’m going to cut my pipe and install the new housing for the flow switch tomorrow. I’m going to move it as far away from my pump as I have room for. One more question, does the orientation of the flow switch matter as long as the flow is in the right direction?2BAEBE05-55C9-475B-9972-3C1E60B359B3.jpeg9C5F2563-AC37-42B9-831E-DEA65C81B6B4.jpeg

Not at all, it has worked great that way... The flap that senses the flow is at a 90 degree level but it still see's if there is flow... I want to try everything different with your install because nothing has worked yet except the hot water salt... :)

Not at all, it has worked great that way... The flap that senses the flow is at a 90 degree level but it still see's if there is flow... I want to try everything different with your install because nothing has worked yet except the hot water salt... :)
Thank you!
I have limited space horizontally, so I am going to replace the spot where my flow switch is with as much 2” pvc as will fit, then a 90* elbow a few inches of 2” pvc, then place the flow switch vertically, then the cell. I am concerned about the connection to the cell, as I glued it all the first time and the black fittings that exit/enter the cell are parts that came with the cell and I don’t have replacements for them. I hope I have enough room to cut and still be able to attach new pvc😩4A2CEAD6-3C54-4E48-8C5E-3383079D9946.jpeg

Last edited:
the black fittings that exit/enter the cell are parts that came with the cell and I don’t have replacements for them
Is your plumbing 1.5"? If so, the fittings probably accept a 2" fitting on the outside. Not sure if that helps you.

Reactions: Chuckiechan
Ok,.. I’m done,.. I have now replaced every part, re-plumbed and moved my flow switch 8” from my pump, water is 72 degrees,. Turn on the SWG, it started briefly, then the flow light and the water temp light turned red, and the green generator light went off. Tried the hot salt water, nothing. I give up!

You have gone above and beyond with this... call discount and ask to exchange with an RJ system or get something that will work... this has gone on long enough...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You guys have no idea how much I appreciate your help!! I have a birthday party at my house tomorrow😡I’m trying one last time to get this to work with what I have, before I send it all back.
I have read several times about some concerns with the turbulence on my 90° angle possibly causing my flow switch to turn red. My dilemma is, the 90° angle in the picture was glued directly to the part that came with the saltwater generator. So the 90° angle can’t be moved without getting a new part which I don’t have right now. I can however, move it from the intake end of the cell, to the out flow end. There was also concern about maybe I need to raise my cell up a little higher from the return of the pump. I’m willing to try any of these fixes if it will get the stupid thing to work. I am adding a pic of what it looks like right now, as well as some proposed changes. Does anyone want to convince me which change is the best with what I have to work with? And of course it’s pouring down rain while I’m doing this😡😡F6A07A53-3772-4C74-8F51-6CF001A98E1D.jpeg94BF9C15-3050-463F-B403-F247467183A9.jpeg

For both options I don't think you can mount the flow switch on the vertical section of the piping, because the switch may be closed (indicating flow) due to gravity. In both options I would put it down on the horizontal section of the pipe near the ground. Also, option one will allow for in the future to get rid of the 90 degree once you get another union.

For both options I don't think you can mount the flow switch on the vertical section of the piping, because the switch may be closed (indicating flow) due to gravity. In both options I would put it down on the horizontal section of the pipe near the ground. Also, option one will allow for in the future to get rid of the 90 degree once you get another union.
I’m confused, if I mount it vertically, with the flow going down, even with the pump off, gravity should keep the switch on shouldn’t it?

Depending on how desperate you are, you might be able to pull the flow switch mechanism out of the housing and manually close it if there’s any doubt about whether it’s working. But that could be dangerous if you don’t pay attention.

I’m confused, if I mount it vertically, with the flow going down, even with the pump off, gravity should keep the switch on shouldn’t it?
Yes, and you don't want that. When there is no flow, i.e. the pump is off, you want the switch open indicating that there is no flow and stopping the generation chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.