hlb96

May 23, 2011
Hammond, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This is our very first pool. My 33 feet round AGP was installed Monday and should be finished filling up this evening so I can turn my pump/filter on and start adding chemicals. I have my TF-100 test kit and speedstir magnetic stirrer. I have my bleach, borax, stabilizer, baking soda etc all ready. My wife and kids are beyond ready to swim.

How long after all the chemicals are added would it be ready to swim in?

Do I wait for all my levels to be completely stable before they swim?

Any other suggestions of things I need to do or get?

What are your current readings? You can start the stabilizer add now. There is none in the fill water. Hang it in a sock in front of you filling hose. Give it a squeeze every now and then. Rinse off your hand.

Take your readings & enter into pool math. That will let you know where you stand. Some chlorine is first. Post up you results and some one will give you direction.

What are your current readings? You can start the stabilizer add now. There is none in the fill water. Hang it in a sock in front of you filling hose. Give it a squeeze every now and then. Rinse off your hand.

Take your readings & enter into pool math. That will let you know where you stand. Some chlorine is first. Post up you results and some one will give you direction.
I have not added any chemicals yet, I thought I had to wait for the pool to be filled. It will be filled when I get off work and I will start adding and testing. Thanks

This is what I did today and my numbers 30 minutes after I added everything.

I added
8 lbs of stabilizer
121 0z of 7.5% bleach

here are my numbers
TA- 20
CyA 30
CL 5 (?) I attached pic below
FC 3
CC 1
CH 100

6F86A266-4086-4E8D-BFEB-95308D4A7C37.jpeg
I attached a pic of CL and PH. They look the same color.
What should I do next.

Last edited:
Add 50 ppm TA worth of baking soda. Circulate well and retest pH and TA. If TA above 50 and pH still below 7, use borax to raise the pH to 7.4 or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.