bperry’s pool renovation

I was mistaken on them being done today. They will be acid washing it tomorrow.

Just sitting here pretending I’m hanging out at the pool. I’m committed to go hiking with some friends tomorrow so I won’t be here for the final reveal but I do have everything on video which will be fun to go through.
IMG_3841.jpeg

And they added a new light for no labor charge originally because he said it was really easy and that I could just pay for the light itself. I had been sitting up on the deck with some iced coffee enjoying the non-98 degree weather we’ve been having and realized they had been messing around with a shop vac around the light junction box for over and hour. One of the guys eventually came up and said they were having trouble getting a line pulled through the conduit and wanted to know if I had a wire to help out. I do have one so that made things work in 5 minutes. So much for anything being easy around here.😂
IMG_3842.jpeg

shaking in and out GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

THERE IT IS!!!!

Pool is filling up now. I tried to take a picture of the water meter to get a more precise measurement of how many gallons are in the pool, but it never seemed to change at all for the past few days even after the pool had been filling for a couple hours…because it’s the gas meter. :rolleyes:

Water meter doesn’t have anything indicating numbers so it must be electronic. So that plan was a big fail. I’ll have to check if the water company has a tracker on their website.
IMG_3844.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool is filled, pump and filter are running with no leaks, and isolated a suction air leak on the deep end skimmer line that I’m hoping is in the above ground part of the plumbing.

I’m gonna leave it alone for a couple days and then try and diagnose the air leak. I’ve got a shut off valve isolating it so things seem to be running ok for now.

Did some brushing and get a little plaster dust coming up which I guess is normal. And I discovered a huge downside to all this. A leaf and some kind of berry or acorn sunk to the bottom and left a little stain. 😢 I can totally see how little things like that would drive people nuts where before there was so many stains and discoloration that I didn’t even notice.

And first water test seems to be within the startup guidelines so far, just need to increase the CH to 200 on Monday.
IMG_3855.jpeg

Sorry, can't remember, plaster or pebble finish? We have mini pebble, have lots of trees. Have had a few things leave a stain on the bottom. Within 3ish days, they are gone. So I guess they are tannins that the balanced water help to remove.

Fingers crossed for you.

-Tom

Sorry, can't remember, plaster or pebble finish? We have mini pebble, have lots of trees. Have had a few things leave a stain on the bottom. Within 3ish days, they are gone. So I guess they are tannins that the balanced water help to remove.

Fingers crossed for you.

-Tom
Diamondbrite plaster. I think it’ll be ok. I’m still used to seeing the bullfrog shaped stain left a couple years ago from a large frog that got under the cover over winter. When I tried to scoop it out with the net the body just dissolved into nothing. Was the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen, well maybe not the weirdest thing.

Small unfortunate update. Seems I’m losing about 1” of water per day along with my suction side leak. The main drain seems to be ok which is good because that’s be the most expensive to fix.

So here’s my plan: I’ve got both skimmers shut off and gizmos installed to keep water from getting down the plumbing. I’ll check again tomorrow if the water level has dropped another inch and if so, I will lean towards the returns being the issue. To check that, I’ll plug them and shut off the pump and try again.

Any better ideas? (other than having the plumbing pressure tested BEFORE getting the deck refinished). 🤣

Process of elimination works (y)

Don't forget the possibility of the skimmers themselves.

A dye test can be used to check though.
I'd seal the plumbing in stages per the plan, and then explore further if need be.

Please accept my obligatory well wishes for an easy/silly fix. We look out for everyone, of course, but it hits close to home when it's one of our own. :hug:

Karma owes you a solid for all you do around here.

Reactions: Bperry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.