Bought 12ft pool, nowhere to connect filter

Narzz

Jun 12, 2023
UK
Hello,
I have been rather naive and thought I could buy a 12ft above ground pool, fill it and go. I'm now reading up on chemicals and filters and I have a good understanding of what's required I think.

Now the issue is that the filter is nowhere near an outlet to connect to. I'm in the UK so this pool will only be up until August/September time so I don't need a long term solution, but I'm lost as to where I go next. The filter has bendy flexible plastic pipes which are quite long but I'm still nowhere near reaching an outlet.

Is there anything else I could do? Battery powered filters? Any alternatives? Can I extend the plastic pipes so I can move the filter far from the pool and closer to the house?

Try this link too for temporary or seasonal pools. If all you are plugging in is a filter you could probably skip that entirely for a small pool. Just manually clean the water and add chlorine.

Unless I've been misunderstanding I read you can't use extensions for filters?
It’s not ideal, but unless you plan on running conduit and power out near your pool, you don’t have a lot of options.

It’s a small pool and presumably a small pump. If it were me and it was only going to be up a couple months, I’d just get a heavy-duty, outdoor rated extension cord and call it a day. For added safety, you could unplug it when the pool is in use and just let it filter when nobody is in it.

Unless I've been misunderstanding I read you can't use extensions for filters?

You will lose some voltage over a long distance, but 20 feet is not enough to worry about. Like said above, get a heavy duty cord and if you want, unplug it while using the pool. That link I posted for seasonal pools will help you manage pool sanitation. Keep in mind all your pool filter does is store particulate matter that it collects from the water column. It has little to do with water clarity and nothing to do with sanitation. Do you have a proper test kit?

Reactions: magiteck
Make sure if you do that you use an extension cord that is rated above the electrical requirements. For example if you need a 15amp rated cord get a 20.
An even better idea would be to completely replace the cord with one that is higher rated.
I attached what happened to my extension cord. It was running fine for the longest time... So I thought... Ended up replacing the cord with a higher rated one that was just a little longer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.