Bottom Drains

Dave Ward

In The Industry
Jul 28, 2020
Marietta Ga
I have two skimmers and two bottom drains. In my pump room I have a skimmer valve vacuum valve and bottom drain valve. I I shut off vac valve and skimmer valve and getting very little suction from my bottom drains. I took the vlave apart and put a blow ball in the opening watter ran through with little issues I also took compressed air and pushed that through nothing came out of the bottom drain. Any suggestions? Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

How do you know you get very little suction from your bottom drain?

Is your pump running dry when running off just the bottom drain?

Watch the pressure gauge when you're on skimmer only, combo, and drain only. If the pressure drops hugely on drain only, then there's a restriction. If the pump keeps on pumping just fine, there's nothing wrong. You won't generally feel much suction at all from a main drain. You'd have to get some help and throw rubber mats over one drain and have them hold it down while you restricted the other with yours to even feel any flow, If you both could hold breath long enough.

Reactions: jimmythegreek
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.