Boric Acid addition questions

Traviz02

Gold Supporter
Jun 3, 2019
Southeast Missouri
I think im ready to add borates to pool to give it that silky feeling--according to pool math app if I add 80 lbs of boric acid it will raise BOR to 48 and lower ph by 0.3 --is this right and what do I do to up the ph back or will I be ok ? a little confused on that part--also I am looking at the boric acid granular from duda diesel

What is your TA?
What is your pH behavior currently?

The pH should be fine if you go through with it. I bought a box from duda a few years ago. Still have not added it.

That TA is higher than we would suggest it should be before adding boric acid.
Although. is the pH actually steady there? If so, then I suppose you could go ahead and add it.
How are you chlorinating?

I bought it just prior to when I knew I would have to replace my water due to climbing CH as a result of evaporation.
And my refill water was lower in CH than expected, so the borates would drive my CSI down some. So, waiting for the CH to come up a bit.
Also just been too lazy to actively drive the TA down so that the pH rise would be slower. Once the borates are in, it is harder to shift the pH and lower the TA.
They are just completely optional.

Reactions: JoeDean
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.