Booster pump not running

Jun 5, 2016
Murphy, TX
I have a Pentair LA01N booster pump that runs my Kreepy Krauly cleaner. I noticed the other day that it isn't running. When I try to kick it on it hums for 15-20 seconds, then turns off. Any suggestions as to what the failure is & how to fix it? I'm guessing a bearing, but that is just a WAG.

TIA

Probably time for a new motor or pump.

Motor cost is about 2/3 the cost of an entire pump. I would just get a new pump for around $300.

I have a Pentair LA01N booster pump that runs my Kreepy Krauly cleaner. I noticed the other day that it isn't running. When I try to kick it on it hums for 15-20 seconds, then turns off. Any suggestions as to what the failure is & how to fix it? I'm guessing a bearing, but that is just a WAG.

TIA
I have the exact same issue. The pump hums for 5-6 seconds and then stops. If I keep the switch on, it tries again after a few minutes, hums for 5-6 seconds, and then turns off again.

Two questions:
1. Did you find a to-do guide to test and replace the capacitor?
2. Since it was not the capacitor, did you figure out the real issue? What was it? How did you did it?

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.